• Spoon Front Anti-roll bar
  • HKS SC Kit - GTS 4015 HP, fuel up kit
  • Mugen GP alloys
  • Mugen Aero Kit
  • ApplePlay Double Din
  • Prosport EVO Gauges w/Tegiwa Gauge Pod

Installs:
1. ApplePlay Double DIN install
2. Spoon N1 install w/sound clip (inc 2nd de-cat)
3. Mugen Wing install
4. Spoon Panel Air filter install
5. SC Install & First Map (pics & video)
6. Spoon brakes & suspension
7. Mugen GP wheels w/Michelin PS4 tyres & Mugen wheel nuts

Parts awaiting fitment:
  • Mugen Gearknob
  • Spoon rear view mirror
  • Mugen LED Grill Illumination
  • HKS Forged engine components
  • Mfactory Helical LSD
  • Kansai Service rad & intake shrouds
  • Spoon Radiator Cap
  • HKS LA Clutch
So after a long time away from the CRZ I started looking for another around 6 months ago. I found a 2011 CRZ sport spec with Mugen front and rear bumpers.

The car had done 34,000 miles from new and overall condition was good. The previous owner had swapped the stock alloys for a set of 17” Rota blitz alloys. Not to my taste really and they were fairly beat up!

A few pics from when the car arrived.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's a good looking low millage example you have there. Where abouts in the UK you based?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the first thing was to remove the dealer stickers, plates and just generally refresh the car.

The first two proper jobs were getting fresh brake all round as the previous were overdue for replacement. Nothing too fancy, I just went with OEM brembo discs & pads.

Second job was fairly straight forward. A second decat from Tegiwa. Not game changing on its own but frees up a few horses and alittle more burble.

List of things updated so far:

• new reg plates
  • new wipers
  • LED reg plate lights
  • LED interior & door lights
  • HID kit 6000K 35w

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats funny, I'm based near Brighton and had to go the Cheshire to collect my CRZ a couple years back. Got any other plans for it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats funny, I'm based near Brighton and had to go the Cheshire to collect my CRZ a couple years back. Got any other plans for it?
Funny thing buying cars!

Yes plenty planned/in progress.

Quick run down:

• Spoon N1 exhaust, fitting tomorrow
  • Spoon panel air filter, fitting tomorrow
  • Genuine Mugen wing, all painted, fitting on Saturday
  • HKS Supercharger kit, ordered
  • HKS step up fuelling kit, ordered
  • Enkei RPF1 wheels (17x7et45silver) ordered
  • Hondata FlashPro, ordered
Very exciting year ahead!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Another mod I wanted to do was change out the standard radio system for something modern.

iPhones don’t have AUX connectors anymore and apple car play is brilliant in my opinion. So I ordered a GT spec double din fascia plate complete with airbag light & hazard button to go with the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB double din.

Fitting was reasonably straight forward. I had to find a lot of different patch leads and connectors to get the system to work right but it’s all together now and totally brings the interior together!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Car looks slick man! I think I prefer the Mugen kit without the wing. Makes it feel more like a true hatchback with the uninterrupted rear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking good! Very keen to see how you get on with the HKS Supercharger. Been wanting to get one for a while, but having got the 2013+ model I'm unable to use Hondata and will have to probably have to use a Ktuner. Ideally I would love (a now discontinued) Jackson Racing supercahrger and I'm often keeping an eye out for one. How do you find the spoon exhaust?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good! Very keen to see how you get on with the HKS Supercharger. Been wanting to get one for a while, but having got the 2013+ model I'm unable to use Hondata and will have to probably have to use a Ktuner. Ideally I would love (a now discontinued) Jackson Racing supercahrger and I'm often keeping an eye out for one. How do you find the spoon exhaust?
The spoon exhaust is really nice paired with the 2nd de-cat, primary cat still in place. A few pops, burbles and audible now but not intrusive.

Me too! Very keen for the SC. I’ve got the fuel step up kit with the updated injectors and 34mm restrictor (vs 28mm in the standard kit) on order too.

Kit with existing exhaust mods should make 200bhp flywheel easy. Won’t be pushing any higher due to stock internals.

That is a shame about the 2013 model. I like the change they made to lithium on the battery pack but the sport+ button is a strange inclusive imo.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any plans for suspension? Would look even better lower!
Initially no. I want to see how the car takes to the extra power, also the wheel & tyre combo will be much improved over whatit's running currently (rotas & midrange tyres).

Speaking of which....

The Enkei RPF1 wheels I had on order are now cancelled.

Manged to find a set of Mugen GP wheels!

These will totally finish off the car. (I'm gettng new tyres don't wory)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Excuse me as I wipe the drool away from my mouth!! Where did you manage to find those wheels?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excuse me as I wipe the drool away from my mouth!! Where did you manage to find those wheels?
Found them on ebay but turned out toi be a guy I knew off the CRZ owner group on Facebook. Happy times all round.

The supercharger arrived this week so will going in the next week or so.

Ordered gauges too, went for the Evo Prosport ones; oil temp, water tempo & boost (bar).

Video here of what they look like (not my car).

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
If you need a triple gauge pod, I have the C-West carbon fiber one that I got from Rustbucket, but still haven't installed it in my other CR-Z. It's not really up for sale, officially, but I don't see myself getting it installed within the next year or two, so it'll be sitting in the box and not fulfilling its purpose in life. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you need a triple gauge pod, I have the C-West carbon fiber one that I got from Rustbucket, but still haven't installed it in my other CR-Z. It's not really up for sale, officially, but I don't see myself getting it installed within the next year or two, so it'll be sitting in the box and not fulfilling its purpose in life. :)
Thanks for the offer mate but I’ve got the Tegiwa pod on the way.

wouldn’t the C-west one be set up for LHD?

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Thanks for the offer mate but I’ve got the Tegiwa pod on the way.

wouldn’t the C-west one be set up for LHD?
Yep. That's right, er, left I mean. Forgot about that little difference between US and UK. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts