Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Okay, I love the floormats, Where are you UK guys getting them?
I got the OEM all season floor mats in my 16 and like them alot.

·
Registered
"Unit 01" 2016 EX CVT Purple
79 Posts
I got the OEM all season floor mats in my 16 and like them alot.
I have some Weather techs that came in my car, but I do wanna get some carpet ones for the summer / longer drives.

The UK ones I was wondering about have a little metal CRZ badge on them. I haven't been able to find a listing for them.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
Can I ask a goofy question…is the carbon fibre shift knob warmer to the touch during winter than the stock metal knob?
So I deliberately switched to a similar shift knob specifically for this. Not as cold in the Winter, not as hot in the summer.

Nerdy side note: it's not about the absolute temperature of the shift knob - that doesn't change. It's about the heat transfer rate of the material. Aluminum has a very rapid heat transfer, so When it is cold, it rapidly sucks the heat out of your hand, making it feel colder. Same in the summer when it rapidly dumps heat into your hand making it feel hotter. Whip out a laser thermometer, and it's the same as your dash.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Exactly why I avoid metal shift knobs in favor of leather or delrin. My cars live outside so it's more of an issue than if they were garaged. Fortunately there's enough leather on the stock CRZ knob to avoid getting frozen or burned so it's been ok, although the top is scratched up (previous owner probably had a ring) so I wouldn't mind replacing it eventually.
Ok, point made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts