Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha, We're considering a CR-Z for my wife once the TSX lease runs out and we took one for a drive while my Mom was looking at a Fit.

I can say that the steering response is very fast, S2000 fast. I'd have to look it up but I'd bet the ratios are similar. Throttle response is very good in sport, VERY dull in Econ. What power there is, is delivered smoothly, with no big peaks or valleys. There is a nice torquey feel to the drivetrain, much like the K24 when you're at low revs.

The gearbox is smooth, almost too smooth. There is none of the "mechanical" feel that you get in the S2000 or RSX-S. The lever kinda "flops" from gear to gear with little resistance. Clutch is very light as with most Hondas, with the take up more linear than in the '08 TSX (which engages very high).

Over bumps, this car feels solid, you can really feel the torsional rigidity in this thing. It's hard to describe, but when driving it, I was reminded of the way the S2000s felt (in chassis stiffness). Except for the relative lack of power, its a nice driving little car.

Our past cars include an MR-2 Supercharged, MR-2 Turbo, 3 Integra GS-Rs and 4 Honda S2000s. Currently, we have an RSX and TSX (all manuals). Looking forward to joining the group as an owner (although it would be wife's car)

·
Registered
371 Posts
You know... That's the best review I've read so far. Hope I aint the only one who smiled at it :)

You're already part of the club, cause you have the heart! (sorry to sound cheesy!)

Hope to hear more from you soon :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.