Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and did it. Purchased the new car yesterday a silver storm CRZ cvt w/nav. The only addition was extended warr for 8 yrs 100K miles for $1980.00. I took the car home and started reading the manuals. Still don't understand how some of the tech stuff works but enjoying it immensly.
This morning was up early 500 AM to go to work and drove it on the freeway and into town mid wilshire Los Angeles. This afternnon home in more traffic and back on freeway... Now my experience on the first ride ..
I kept the car in econ most of the way and averaged 52 mpg. The car rides like a very solid tight car but comfortable ride.... The stock suspension was very comfortable. I got it up to 85 with not a lot of trouble or pressure on the throttle. No squeaks, rattles or any negative noise whatsoever. When switching the mode at higher speeds from econ to reg you do feel the energy and power pick up but again it's very smooth and felt great at speeds over 60 and not a problem getting it up to 85mph at all. I am now glad I choose NOT to get the 17inch wheel and tire option and for me I probabaly won't be going with a larger tire. Based on feel the 16's are fine and are designed for better mileage... it's an individual choice as most of this is ..
I am a large guy 6-2 plus and 240 and had not only plenty of room but it's very comfortable and since the doors are pretty long no problem getting in and out of the vehicle. The seat adjusts nicely and the steering wheel goes up down in and out.....so between the seat and steering it's a easy fitting. I used the front window defroster and it worked quickly and controls are easy to understand and use. Can't say I understood how to operate the nav but the salesperson called my home and wants me to return on Mon to visit with him so he can run me thru the controls and operation of veh. I need it...
I have driven and owned all sorts of cars in my life 911 Porsches, BMW's and some other pretty good fast powerful vehicles some with great suspension and been on speed courses emergency veh operations courses etc.... Chevy Malibu, Crown Vic, Impala Dodge interceptor and others due to my job as a law enf officer. This is a great car indeed.
Avg 52 mpg on the first ride was very encouraging for me since one of my reasons to buy was mileage second ( not in order of preference ) handling and comfort...then third looks and over all performance.
I am going over the next month or so to get the side and rear tinted ...eventually maybe upgrade suspension lower veh an inch and thats it. I noticied that the warraenty booklet says 100% warr for the life of car with me as owner for muffler exhaust and pipes so no change coming there..
The negatives ..I had to get use to the feeling as to when you stop the engine goes off and you are sitting at the red with absolutely no engine noise feeling or vibration its literally feels dead but as you take your foot off the brake the engine jumps to life and you are off like a shot.. I will get use to that it's something I had not experienced. I also need to get use to looking out the rear window thru the mirrors the bottom section of the glass is different and distorts somewhat yor vision of veh's behind you and takes some getting use to.
If anyone wants just ask and I will go throught the pricing for my CVT w/nav if you wish...I basically went in told them what I would pay not thinking they would accept but they did..I think its a real buyers market and dealers are willing to cut some real nice deals well below invoice and way off sticker over 2000 below sticker msrp at least in my case...
GO to some of the internet sites and make the dealers offer you an out the door price..so you can compare apples to apples..then when you go in you are set on best price..Ok just wanted to share those thoughts..its a nice forum and happy to help or ans any questions you might have for other owners or prospective buyers..the car has more then met my expectations and can be modified to be whatever you want basically.. to all of you and your families have a great holiday season drive safe and enjoy the new year...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Well I went and did it. Purchased the new car yesterday a silver storm CRZ cvt w/nav. The only addition was extended warr for 8 yrs 100K miles for $1980.00. I took the car home and started reading the manuals. Still don't understand how some of the tech stuff works but enjoying it immensly.
This morning was up early 500 AM to go to work and drove it on the freeway and into town mid wilshire Los Angeles. This afternnon home in more traffic and back on freeway... Now my experience on the first ride ..
I kept the car in econ most of the way and averaged 52 mpg. The car rides like a very solid tight car but comfortable ride.... The stock suspension was very comfortable. I got it up to 85 with not a lot of trouble or pressure on the throttle. No squeaks, rattles or any negative noise whatsoever. When switching the mode at higher speeds from econ to reg you do feel the energy and power pick up but again it's very smooth and felt great at speeds over 60 and not a problem getting it up to 85mph at all. I am now glad I choose NOT to get the 17inch wheel and tire option and for me I probabaly won't be going with a larger tire. Based on feel the 16's are fine and are designed for better mileage... it's an individual choice as most of this is ..
I am a large guy 6-2 plus and 240 and had not only plenty of room but it's very comfortable and since the doors are pretty long no problem getting in and out of the vehicle. The seat adjusts nicely and the steering wheel goes up down in and out.....so between the seat and steering it's a easy fitting. I used the front window defroster and it worked quickly and controls are easy to understand and use. Can't say I understood how to operate the nav but the salesperson called my home and wants me to return on Mon to visit with him so he can run me thru the controls and operation of veh. I need it...
I have driven and owned all sorts of cars in my life 911 Porsches, BMW's and some other pretty good fast powerful vehicles some with great suspension and been on speed courses emergency veh operations courses etc.... Chevy Malibu, Crown Vic, Impala Dodge interceptor and others due to my job as a law enf officer. This is a great car indeed.
Avg 52 mpg on the first ride was very encouraging for me since one of my reasons to buy was mileage second ( not in order of preference ) handling and comfort...then third looks and over all performance.
I am going over the next month or so to get the side and rear tinted ...eventually maybe upgrade suspension lower veh an inch and thats it. I noticied that the warraenty booklet says 100% warr for the life of car with me as owner for muffler exhaust and pipes so no change coming there..
The negatives ..I had to get use to the feeling as to when you stop the engine goes off and you are sitting at the red with absolutely no engine noise feeling or vibration its literally feels dead but as you take your foot off the brake the engine jumps to life and you are off like a shot.. I will get use to that it's something I had not experienced. I also need to get use to looking out the rear window thru the mirrors the bottom section of the glass is different and distorts somewhat yor vision of veh's behind you and takes some getting use to.
If anyone wants just ask and I will go throught the pricing for my CVT w/nav if you wish...I basically went in told them what I would pay not thinking they would accept but they did..I think its a real buyers market and dealers are willing to cut some real nice deals well below invoice and way off sticker over 2000 below sticker msrp at least in my case...
GO to some of the internet sites and make the dealers offer you an out the door price..so you can compare apples to apples..then when you go in you are set on best price..Ok just wanted to share those thoughts..its a nice forum and happy to help or ans any questions you might have for other owners or prospective buyers..the car has more then met my expectations and can be modified to be whatever you want basically.. to all of you and your families have a great holiday season drive safe and enjoy the new year...:thumbsup:
What dealer did you go to? Did you have a trade in and if so, did they give you a fair deal?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great car and dealers seem to be motrivated to sell...

What dealer did you go to? Did you have a trade in and if so, did they give you a fair deal?
Hi VTEC and thanks for the question.. I contacted by email and asked for a quote on price from Scott Robinson, Gardena, Marina, and Culver City Honda in the west side of Los Angeles area ..the southbay area. It is interesting that the replies varied so much in price. I simply asked for a out the door price of a CRZ CVT w/nav...so I could compare apples to apples. Marina and Culver City were at MSRP...Gardena and Scott Robinson were at a far less price...I then recontacted those two and went to they dealerships to see what they had on their lot. ( I know from past experience a dealer is much more motivated thus a better price for the buyer to sell what's on the lot rather then have to order or trade etc. )
Let's look first at the listed prices for this car...CRZ CVT w/nav MSRP 23,960, Invoice 22,644 according to several computer sources, TMV according to Edmunds 23,743, I also found out that this car has sold in the area avg paid was 23,685 but two had sold at 22,160 and one at the incredible price of 21,871...this is all without tax lic DMV fees etc...so figure your own state fees since they differ..
Both dealerships had the color I wanted so then recontacted them and said I would pay 21,871 and Scott Robinson stepped up...I paid 21,879 plus I decided on 8 yr 100K miles extended Honda warr for 1890 so I was at 22,761 and with all DMV state tax lic all fees I pd out the door ( sales tax was 2138, Doc 55, Lic 252, title 87, Tire fee 8.75 ) 26,430 OUT THE DOOR.... also want to explain there was no financing no loans etc all cash...
I have written this because I wanted to help my new friends in here ..I found that this forum was filled with great information and nice ppl that I used to help me make a decision to buy this car vs. a 1979-1988 used Porsche 911...this car just made sense to me and with virtually no maintenance problems which I would have had maintaining a 911 plus the looks of this car and all the modifications avail should I decide to make it a all out sports car..it is just a great car..and from my report driving it yesterday It exceeds my expectations... thanks to this forum , and again I wish you all a very nice holiday season..for those on the fence deciding whether to buy or not I would step up now before prices change, I would not hesitiate to buy it before financing changes and 2011 the finance and our economy will be different and with the dollar losing value everywhere these cars will be at a higher price in the future just base on that alone..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still thinking in the real near future tinting the rear and side windows and maybe beefing up the suspension and lowering car one inch ... my friend/neighbor came over this morning to look at car and now he wants one .. he is in law enf also and also have been trained as we are in high speed driving pursuit driving emergency vehicle drivibg and says the car really felt good ..
Any comments on the silver ext color with dark tinted windows and lowering one inch ? Maybe black wheels in fututre for looks ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Should look good with the tint (I'm bias as I love tinted vehicles) and for a one inch drop you should only need springs. Pretty easy to do and not to drastic a change. And for wheels you'll have plenty of time to decide as you wade through the plethora of options available to you due to the common 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Tons of options (color,size,weight,pattern) although it will probably also mean that you'll have to choose new lugs too as some wheels cannot use stock lugs. But there are tons of threads here to help and if it's not there then post and I'm sure someone will answer. :)

Grtz and have a blast!

-Hoi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your advice and information..

Should look good with the tint (I'm bias as I love tinted vehicles) and for a one inch drop you should only need springs. Pretty easy to do and not to drastic a change. And for wheels you'll have plenty of time to decide as you wade through the plethora of options available to you due to the common 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Tons of options (color,size,weight,pattern) although it will probably also mean that you'll have to choose new lugs too as some wheels cannot use stock lugs. But there are tons of threads here to help and if it's not there then post and I'm sure someone will answer. :)

Grtz and have a blast!

-Hoi
Thank you hoisumguo I appreciate your advice ..I may even contact you at a later date for further input ... I read in here somewhere there are suspension kits that with give a firmer tighter ride with less roll and body movement and still lower the car one inch.. that's probably where I am going...don't know about the 17inch wheels yet..but yes I will be tinting and think the silver ext color and black tint on windows and the black tires and black grill will look good... have a great holiday season.. I don't want to touch the exhaust based on the lifetime warr Honda gives ..but maybe increase radiator size ? or more blades on the fan as they do in the Porsche which lowers eng heat for longevity as well as better performance then maybe buy the radiator temp gauge cap which lowers the level whereby the fan turns on sooner again to lower the eng heat...that one is only like $60.00 I believe.. sorry I am such a novice never owned a Honda or Toyota and I do like looking at the SEMA cars , CRZ -R, eibach, Mugen etc..but I think I am too old and gray to fix it up that much .. just some slight mods for me ..I am going to try to hook up with some So Calif Honda car clubs if they will accept a stock car and a person that knows little about these cars ..but has experienced some fast driving situations..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats on the ride. Great choice on color.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Hi VTEC and thanks for the question.. I contacted by email and asked for a quote on price from Scott Robinson, Gardena, Marina, and Culver City Honda in the west side of Los Angeles area ..the southbay area. It is interesting that the replies varied so much in price. I simply asked for a out the door price of a CRZ CVT w/nav...so I could compare apples to apples. Marina and Culver City were at MSRP...Gardena and Scott Robinson were at a far less price...I then recontacted those two and went to they dealerships to see what they had on their lot. ( I know from past experience a dealer is much more motivated thus a better price for the buyer to sell what's on the lot rather then have to order or trade etc. )
Let's look first at the listed prices for this car...CRZ CVT w/nav MSRP 23,960, Invoice 22,644 according to several computer sources, TMV according to Edmunds 23,743, I also found out that this car has sold in the area avg paid was 23,685 but two had sold at 22,160 and one at the incredible price of 21,871...this is all without tax lic DMV fees etc...so figure your own state fees since they differ..
Both dealerships had the color I wanted so then recontacted them and said I would pay 21,871 and Scott Robinson stepped up...I paid 21,879 plus I decided on 8 yr 100K miles extended Honda warr for 1890 so I was at 22,761 and with all DMV state tax lic all fees I pd out the door ( sales tax was 2138, Doc 55, Lic 252, title 87, Tire fee 8.75 ) 26,430 OUT THE DOOR.... also want to explain there was no financing no loans etc all cash...
I have written this because I wanted to help my new friends in here ..I found that this forum was filled with great information and nice ppl that I used to help me make a decision to buy this car vs. a 1979-1988 used Porsche 911...this car just made sense to me and with virtually no maintenance problems which I would have had maintaining a 911 plus the looks of this car and all the modifications avail should I decide to make it a all out sports car..it is just a great car..and from my report driving it yesterday It exceeds my expectations... thanks to this forum , and again I wish you all a very nice holiday season..for those on the fence deciding whether to buy or not I would step up now before prices change, I would not hesitiate to buy it before financing changes and 2011 the finance and our economy will be different and with the dollar losing value everywhere these cars will be at a higher price in the future just base on that alone..
Thanks for the insight:hi5:! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
145 Posts
william

congrats on the SSM CRZ. i bought mine from carson honda in sept - same color, no nav.
love the car. (but had issues with the service dept!)
(i came form 911 cars also. expenses were getting too much!)

i have a tint and some 18"x7.5 wheels on mine. thinking of some supension mods also. i'm in torrance area, so let me know if you want to see.

later
dan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You got a great price. I bought mine back in August. I started contacting dealers in LA and OC area 8 weeks ahead. All they want was MSRP.
Tein High.Tech springs will give you a little bit less than an inch drop and remain similar to stock ride comfort.
Eibach Pro Kit spring will give you an 1 inch drop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.