Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

Last night I fitted my new lights, and finally my yellow bulbs are gone. No, I didn't upgrade to HID's, but I simply bought H11 upgrades from Mr JP (from civinfo.com) which are a straight swap and an easy fit.

Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Light Automotive design
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting Sky
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Lighting Auto part

The pictures show no justice, but what I can tell you is it's crisp white- with the blue surround tints on the lamp it gives it the HID look... and look great with the daytime lights.

·
Registered
675 Posts
ah shoot i wanna jump on thiss!! ahaha.
wait so your car was non-equiped hid and you jss switched different bulbs?(h11)

·
Registered
675 Posts
coocool. hmm how about highbeam? is highbeam h11 too? haha

·
Registered
167 Posts
my bumbs have been ordered from hids4u.co.uk so i will let you guys know the result once installed next week. i wil post pics too.

they were called extreme white xenon upgrade bulbs and are h11's just like jujuns.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
my bumbs have been ordered from hids4u.co.uk so i will let you guys know the result once installed next week. i wil post pics too.

they were called extreme white xenon upgrade bulbs and are h11's just like jujuns.

:thumbsup:
Hey J_praj, I got the lights from the link and i just installed them but i cant see anything different yet since its light outside.

I do think the lights you linked too (the uk site) and the ones I ordered as well are different from those of OP. Ours is advertised as 4500k; his is 6500k. I only realized just now. Also, i think he meant this link that i just found:

For Sale Brand New 6500K H1, H7, H11 Bulbs! - Civinfo

Anyhow, I think ill make a pic tommorow of the new lights and post them here so you can see the difference.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered a set of H11 Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs a few days ago and am hoping they improve the reach and overall safety of driving at night as the CRZ is dire in the dark. I cant believe how poor the standard non HID lights are. Cost btw was £29.99 delvered from powerbulbs.com. Once they are installed Ill let you know my thoughts. Whether they give the HID look is neither here or there with me its the light output I want. They are supposedly whiter than standard.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
DDM tuning has real HID plug and play kits for about $55.00 U.S. These kits are very nice and are of a high quality, 4-6k kits are available, no need going higher than that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe you should check out that ijdmtoy hid conversion kit. I ordered one of those too this week because i want to compare.With shipping it was €99 but you get xenon lights as well. I hope i can just plug them in and make it fit when i get them. Apparently the light out put is 3x brighter.

Ofcourse, you just ordered the others but hey.. Food for thought :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thing is HID conversion kits whilst not illegal to sell are illegal to fit over in UK which doesn't bother some but I prefer to not leave myself open to anything insurance companies can use as a get out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmm.. Actually the halogen light bulbs i installed sucked, it gave a lot less light that the OEM ones and they dont event look white.

And what you said about the Hid conversion kits.... good point! In NL, cars from 2007+ Xenon /HiD headlights need a washing installation and a height - control mechanism. So I hope I can still cancel..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fitted the Osrams last night and over OEM they are better much better light quality than the dim oem bulbs. I would still like more reach but that seems better as well. Under street lights the improvement is significantly better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmm.. Actually the halogen light bulbs i installed sucked, it gave a lot less light that the OEM ones and they dont event look white.

And what you said about the Hid conversion kits.... good point! In NL, cars from 2007+ Xenon /HiD headlights need a washing installation and a height - control mechanism. So I hope I can still cancel..
Aaah now I see why the UK GT models have the headlight washers cos of the HID bulbs and bl**dy EU regulations yet again!:pat:

·
Registered
36 Posts
As promised, a pic of mr JP's 6500k halogens on my car. They are way whiter than the previous, I just hope the light output will be enough :) I'm very content with the color. ;)

How are your Osrams pwood? In a nearby car shop the guy recommended them and said they sell really well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.