Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just bought my crz last weekend. im in my 30ies have no kids but a wife and small dogs. mine is a ex without navi and white. I have been getting about 28 mpg with stomping on it in sport mode. ive been getting 45 in normal/eco mode for my work commute. i work in city with some stop in go traffic but also some long blocks. I hate driving behind idiots that refuse to try and get anywhere. if it were up to me i would dirive 10-20 mph over the speed limit all the time. The beauty of this vehicle is as follows. Its just sporty enough. Its small and nimble. It gets great gas mileage. It has a great stereo, bluetooth, a/c and other electronics. Dont get me wrong it doesnt have the best of anything really but it has an excellent quality and level of everything i find important in a car. its just sportie enough and has great handling and a large enough trunk and really gets great mileage. there is nothign like cruising in eco mode behind idiot motorists and then down shifting and speeding past them to then return to eco mode. you have enough speed and acceleration to get by and move when you need to and amazing mileage when you are stuck in the grind. in sport mode on corners on mt roads this car is great. Im sure its no porche, not that i have driven one, but it really handles well. i had my wife screaming at me around corners begging me to slow down. just my 2 cents. feel free to post

·
Registered
9 Posts
A friend of mine is considering it but doesn't like the 'green' affinity... I told him to think of the car as a sporty 2-seater with an electric motor override to kick in the BHP when needed without paying for excessive use of fuel to perform the same maneuver.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eh, a couple of my friends gave me a little grief about the whole Hybrid/green car thing. I tell them to see the electric motor assist like its a supercharger. :thumbsup:

If you think about it, it kind of is but runs on electricity rather than the motors own power. :hi5:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dono, man... It's the 21st century.. Chicks dig that hybrid sticker more than a big engine these days.
And as far as driving it goes.. we all know that's fun!
My fiance really likes this car and helped me pick it out, but I dont know if it was because of the Hybrid sticker on the back. Although if it works for some of you guys then :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
an extra 2 cents

So I have had it for 2 weeks now and took it on a highway trip and into the mountains. On the highway it doesn't seem to stay very green while going over 75 mph. It is fine for passing at highway speeds and occasionally had it above 90. It was surprisingly quiet in the cabin and the ride was great. I have been getting about 40 mph and have about 350 miles on it. It isn't the fastest car but I feel it is sufficient in power and even surprises me at tomes. I think it may just be the cvt but its great being in Eco or normal and paddle downshifting and then passing peopel. I loved manuals when I was younger but modern autos are great and the cvt with paddle shifts it the best of both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.