Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my CR-Z from Honda in Muncie, Indiana on Saturday.. I called them and told them I wanted it and to pull it off the showroom floor and I would buy it. Bamm that fast and that easy and took 30 min and I was out of there.. They are puttin on the Splash Guards this week and I am having the Windows tented (Even the Windshield) all the way down... I noticed someone had a glass roof is that an after market or what.. Also does anyone recommend me getting the Illuminated CR-Z that goes in the Door Jam... Let me know please.. thanks.. I also traded in My 2010 Honda Black Insight and it sold that same day lol..

Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I picked up my CR-Z from Honda in Muncie, Indiana on Saturday.. I called them and told them I wanted it and to pull it off the showroom floor and I would buy it. Bamm that fast and that easy and took 30 min and I was out of there.. They are puttin on the Splash Guards this week and I am having the Windows tented (Even the Windshield) all the way down... I noticed someone had a glass roof is that an after market or what.. Also does anyone recommend me getting the Illuminated CR-Z that goes in the Door Jam... Let me know please.. thanks.. I also traded in My 2010 Honda Black Insight and it sold that same day lol..

Patrick
Yep! I got them. They are pure secks! Very nice touch when you open your door at night. Grats on the buy too!

US doesnt have a glass roof or sunroof. Unless what you saw was custom. Earlier concepts had shown a glass roof though...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congratz on your new CR-Z :hi5:.

I really love my Illuminated Door Trim. It put a smile on your face no matter day or night when you open the door. I take it back. It put a smile on your face just looking at your ride door open or not. :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did any of you put them in yourselves.. (the door jam mod).. or is this something I shoudl have the dealer do.. Also do or has anyone seen a silver CR-Z with the mud guards.. I havent and dont know how it will look even though they are already paid for.. lol.. just waiting for them to come in..

·
Registered
579 Posts
eh..mine came pre installed. I'm not sure how complicated it is. There seems to be some form of wiring. You'll like them alot. When I was getting my crz. I told the sales rep, that I had to have the lighted door sills, because they were that cool looking. It's really slick looking. I dont know any other car that has something like this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i ordered the illuminated door stills but haven't installed yet. may have dealer do it.

i also had the mud flaps put on. pic below. doesn't overshadow anything.
(and not sure if it affects the CD???) some of the side body modling that are coming out looks pretty nice - should take alook.

later
dan

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
congrats Patrick.... i've been following your Youtube videos on your insight and a fan of them and they have been really helpful. I really hope you start uploading new videos on your new toy now the CRZ please let us know what to expect as you were coming from an insight and i cant wait to watch any of your new videos. If you can please make a video with the CVT paddle shifters i have no idea how they work since there are no gears to switch from. And once again Congrats and the new ride as I hope to have a CRZ in the future one day too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated... Tint Job Today...

Well I got it TINTED out today in Indianapolis.. They did 20% on the Sides and Back and 35% on the front Windshield all the way down.. lol... What do you all think.. Tomorrow is the install at 3pm of the Splash Guards and then next week the install of the Illuminated CR-Z Door Plates.. Anyway here are the pics from todays Tint.. let me know what you think please....

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
is that even legal? on the front? i have a hard time seeing in the rear now with my tint at night. I cant imagine the front. I have limo tint on the rears though. It does look slick. It looks like the glass wraps around completely. Pretty sweet effect.

·
Registered
693 Posts
is that even legal? on the front? i have a hard time seeing in the rear now with my tint at night. I cant imagine the front. I have limo tint on the rears though. It does look slick. It looks like the glass wraps around completely. Pretty sweet effect.
It looks great, but is totally illegal here in Hawaii where you may not have any tint on the windshield and a max of 35% for front side windows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK Back with updates. I hope you like

OK I am back again and I have some updates.. I have had all the windows tinted with 20% and the windshield tinted all the way down with 35%.. I also have added the illuminated door plates and also changed the lights on the plate to WHITE LED and also put blue LEDs in the doors to match the CR-Z plates. I also waxed it today for the first time and wow it looks good. Here are some pictures let me Know what you think please.. I also took the Day Time Running lights FUSE out and also added 6000K HID Driving Lights..

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up my SSM EX 6MT yesterday. Impulse buy but a very welcomed one. I have had luck in the past picking up accessories on ebay but these door sills and the armrest look pretty rough with wiring and removing the interior components.

Any idea on the labor time and cost for the illuminated sills?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Just picked up my SSM EX 6MT yesterday. Impulse buy but a very welcomed one. I have had luck in the past picking up accessories on ebay but these door sills and the armrest look pretty rough with wiring and removing the interior components.

Any idea on the labor time and cost for the illuminated sills?
anywhere from 40 minutes if you are Speedy Gonzalez, to the average for the rest of us.. of about an hour to an hour and a half.

Very easy install though.. you wont have any problems! If I can do it.... blah, blah, blah! :thumbsup:

Around $170.00 or so plus shipping... check out our vendor section.. College Hills Honda.... good people!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.