Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
I got my double din radio issue solved today by an experienced installer. Double din fits the CRZ W/NAV just like it would fits in those with no NAV. The issue with the dashboard part brackets. The company did not make one specifically for CRZ‘s with nav. As there were so few sold that they did not feel that the ones with NAV wold ever swap them out. There is a slight difference between brackets and an experienced installer can tweak it to fit perfectly.

This is one of those situations where the computer says one thing and an experienced craftsman says naaa I can fix that. Both Best Buy and Crutchfield told me there was no double din for a CRZ with Nav.

It just didn’t make sense.

So problem solved …Kenwood double din with NAV. Now all I have to do is find one.

Thanks to all of you from this group for the support.

Also a Honda service rep told me the clock issue will be fixed via satellite mid to end of August. One day we will wake up and our clock will have the right time. Assuming I still have that radio in my car :)

· Registered
1 Posts
Also a Honda service rep told me the clock issue will be fixed via satellite mid to end of August. One day we will wake up and our clock will have the right time. Assuming I still have that radio in my car :)
They won't send a fix at that time, the nature of the bug will go away. It is an issue involving the binary data being sent, and it only impacts dates for 8 months. It sounds like they are content just waiting and not fixing anything, which is great customer service naturally.

· Registered
80 Posts
Problem solved.
I couldn't stand it with a finicky GPS, no clock and no working USB.
I just put way too much money into a new radio for my car. A Kenwood DNX 997 RX added front and rear cameras and retained most steering wheel controls. I used the Metra face plate and bought a standard radio panel on eBay to cannibalize the hazard light and seatbelt light. The new technology will set me up for the next 11 years. I love this car.
My thanks to the people on this forum for they’re willingness to share their knowledge

· This space deliberately left blank
2,516 Posts

· Premium Member
6,297 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
hi! my clock is “magically” working again as well, but my date is still in 2003… anyone else?!? i mean i’m thrilled about the time, that’s most important to me, but still…
Mines doing the almost exact same thing except the Navi clock is 5 minutes earlier and in the year 2003. So at least the clock is sort of fixed now.....

· Registered
1 Posts
In mine (2011 EX CVT) the clock corrected itself for time around mid August. However the time was 1 hour late, and the date is still messed up (January xx, 2003, I believe.)
I just ignore the date, but went into setup and added 1hour to the time. So far the time is displayed correctly. (Virginia EDT.)

· Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I guess this fix on satellites only affected a few countries since mine is still stuck in 2002 showing a totally wrong date. I live in Guatemala so I guess it is unable to connect here.
Only real permanent fix is either stand alone GPS or a newer radio with navigation built in(I doubt any exist that don't need your phone or a SIM with its own monthly costs). Old dead technology in the older CR- Zs.
The OEM navigation was outdated when it was new and an expensive option (over $1 K) and you had to pay for updates via cd or flash drive. Updates were and are also costly. Stand alone units are available with lifetime free Updates and traffic for a few hundred but price varies depending on other features.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts