Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The following is the response I got directly from Honda:

We genuinely value you as an American Honda customer and we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concern. On behalf of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., we offer our sincere apologies for the circumstances which prompted you to reach us.

We apologize for any frustration you may have experience but, this is a new, but now known issue, and we are already working on a fix/update that is forthcoming. All we know as of now is based on the vehicle that this problem should be fixed by summer 2022 or sooner.

At this time your case will be closed.

Sincerely,

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just as an update. My clock doesn’t work same as everyone else stuck at 400. Navigation itself works occasionally turning the car off and turning it back on sometimes gets it going but it is slow to load. I do get DVD error please contact your dealer . Now as of today the USB connector will not find my iPhone for listening to music.

I have a 2011 CRZ ex with NAV

As I said in an earlier post I guess I will be getting a new radio…….but this sucks.
This is not one of those things that should not be working….. Poor design IMHO

thanks to all on this forum for letting me vent

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've actually been trying to reverse engineer the firmware on the nav units to confirm this, and maybe look into the possibility of removing these checks. So far i've managed to build a picture of how the system works with each of it's modules, but i've not yet found the GPS time processing function. I can see that the clock itself is managed by HMIManager.dll but that has no error handling in that i can see. If i find anything then i'll be sure to report back :)
Me too (using IDA Pro). I've set up a virtual machine running XP with eMedded Visual C++ 4.0 with Platform Builder 4.2, to write WinCE 4.2 C++ code which compiles for SH-4 (to understand the architecture). 'System.Control.dll' is as deep as I've managed to dig into it - virtual functions being imported that I can't figure out where called from. Thinking a hack of 'CommonLibrary.dll' to forcibly use 2022 as the year might tide us over till there's an official fix.

Willing to knock heads together to figure out a fix...

I'm not a CR-Z owner but a CR-V owner (same issue, same software I presume).

·
Registered
961 Posts
So do the nav/audio systems run Win CE 4.2?
Good idea on people working on a fix. (y)
Interesting but I know <0 about C++ and Windows Apps etc.
Good luck.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts