Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
GPS devices with current support received updates well ahead of time to correct this bug before it happened. Unfortunately older devices like these nav systems are probably out of luck, it's unlikely that Honda will issue a fix.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Per the link in post #9 this is a global issue with GPS systems that goes way beyond Honda. Newer devices have already gotten, or will get, software updates to correct it. In some cases hardware may need to be replaced if the system is embedded and not upgradeable.
It is highly unlikely that our 10+ year old cars will be getting a fix from Honda so I wouldn't wait by the mailbox/phone/email for a solution. Realistic options are to ignore/live with it or take the opportunity to go aftermarket.
As already pointed out, stuff like this is a major reason why I never get factory nav and prefer to use my phone, which is always updated (also cheaper).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi here from Italy. Same problem. Someone contacted Honda Europe to make them aware of the problem?
I called Honda Italy and they said they don't know anything about the problem...
That's unlikely, it's a global issue affecting Hondas across many models and years so they have to know about it. But it doesn't really matter since there is no fix other than to wait for August when it may fix itself and that probably isn't changing for CRZ owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts