Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2011 nav also doing the same thing. Stuck at 4:00pm. And resets the date to 2002 every time I start the car. Pretty ridiculous they never put a menu in to just set it yourself... Hopefully someone figures out the fix!!

I don’t see a fix from Honda in the near future. But I love this car and I do see a new radio with a link to my iPhone in my future.

Our are CRZ‘s with their many computer systems in them, I wonder if there are any other glitchy things that will just stop working because it’s an old car?
I hope not.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just as an update. My clock doesn’t work same as everyone else stuck at 400. Navigation itself works occasionally turning the car off and turning it back on sometimes gets it going but it is slow to load. I do get DVD error please contact your dealer . Now as of today the USB connector will not find my iPhone for listening to music.

I have a 2011 CRZ ex with NAV

As I said in an earlier post I guess I will be getting a new radio…….but this sucks.
This is not one of those things that should not be working….. Poor design IMHO

thanks to all on this forum for letting me vent

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just called my local dealer Honda Owings Mills Maryland. I was told that Honda was working on the problem there is no fix yet and they are well aware of it. As soon as they get a fix I will get a letter and will bring my car in for the repair. Just like they were doing a recall service. The representative assured me not to buy a new radio and to wait until Honda comes up with their fix.…. But she had no idea how soon.
Considering that computer chips are slowing up the delivery of high end car stereos with NAV, I think I’ll wait for Honda for a little while.

Gosh I love my CRZ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anything actually fit in the dash without a floating screen?
I’m told because I have an EX that nothing fits, because the airbag light cannot be moved.
I just started researching this and it’s terribly frustrating.
I would sincerely appreciate any specific advice. What fits my EX in the dash That looks like it came with the car.
Two installers have told me that the aftermarket dash kit for double din radios does not fit the EX.

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank you so much for this information. I would not be doing this work myself therefore I am a bit at the mercy of installers giving me information. And you are 100% correct they are not familiar with the CRZ.

Armed with this information I think I can find an installer who can or is willing to think outside the box.

Thanks for the help advice and the confidence to know the two installers I spoke to are feeding me BS

Take Care

·
Registered
78 Posts
So according to the Crutchfield website. In dash GPS Navigation 0 units fit the 2011 CRZ EX with factory GPS ?

That appears to include all the Kenwood and Pioneer units that are back ordered due to the chip supply issues.

Is that accurate information? Or am I not asking the correct questions?

Is my only choice for in dash navigation, something with Apple car play….and dependency on my cell phone?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got my double din radio issue solved today by an experienced installer. Double din fits the CRZ W/NAV just like it would fits in those with no NAV. The issue with the dashboard part brackets. The company did not make one specifically for CRZ‘s with nav. As there were so few sold that they did not feel that the ones with NAV wold ever swap them out. There is a slight difference between brackets and an experienced installer can tweak it to fit perfectly.

This is one of those situations where the computer says one thing and an experienced craftsman says naaa I can fix that. Both Best Buy and Crutchfield told me there was no double din for a CRZ with Nav.

It just didn’t make sense.

So problem solved …Kenwood double din with NAV. Now all I have to do is find one.

Thanks to all of you from this group for the support.

Also a Honda service rep told me the clock issue will be fixed via satellite mid to end of August. One day we will wake up and our clock will have the right time. Assuming I still have that radio in my car :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Problem solved.
I couldn't stand it with a finicky GPS, no clock and no working USB.
I just put way too much money into a new radio for my car. A Kenwood DNX 997 RX added front and rear cameras and retained most steering wheel controls. I used the Metra face plate and bought a standard radio panel on eBay to cannibalize the hazard light and seatbelt light. The new technology will set me up for the next 11 years. I love this car.
My thanks to the people on this forum for they’re willingness to share their knowledge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts