Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. There has been a lot of talk, (and ranting), about the mpg of the CRZ, so here are my findings, so far.

I reset my trip at about 120 miles and as the first photo shows, it is at 348 miles. I drove it in various conditions, in all modes, but I think the split between city driving and other would be about 60/40 with the 60% being city driving with all the stops and starts, traffic lights etc.

Anyway, the first photo, IMG_201, shows the mpg I got out of this approx 230-ish miles. I have to admit the last few miles I drove really easy to get it to exactly 50mpg, but even in the late 40's it isn't too bad. Of course it could be better, but you can say that about anything.

The second photo, IMG_202, was a 50 mile cruise from the north coast of Ireland to home. There was very little city driving in this, but it was mostly country roads with little traffic but loads of hills etc. At almost 60mpg, again it isn't bad.

This is my first full week at work since I bought it, so it will be the indicator of what the mpg will be like in a normal week. My old Civic 1.8 Type S got approx 44mpg in a normal week.

All UK measurements, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ian

Thank you very much for this, its great to see picture proof of real life use. The results are impressive. A quick conversion to the US MPGs:

230mile mixed test: 41.6 MPG (US)
60mile country cruise w/ hills: 49.9 MPG (US)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for posting your results.

These numbers are quite impressive and I hope that others can find the same kind of fuel economy.

But I would question the digital readout accuracy until it is verified by actual calculations based on the number of miles and amount of fuel put in the tank.

When the US 2009 fit was released, the digital readout gained the reputation as the "BS meter", as it consistently indicated fuel economy that was 10% to 12% higher than actual. Fortunately Honda did issue a service bulletin and recalibrated the readout. Since having my fit updated, it now reads within 3% of my computed fuel economy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As it gets run in I would expect the mpg to improve, so if i am getting around 50mpg on a normal work week, I will be happy enough.

Our fuel is currently about £1.15 a litre, so i will be squeezing as many mpg as I can out of it :)

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Ian

Thank you very much for this, its great to see picture proof of real life use. The results are impressive. A quick conversion to the US MPGs:

230mile mixed test: 41.6 MPG (US)
60mile country cruise w/ hills: 49.9 MPG (US)
Nice "REAL" mpg review... thanks for sharing...

with numbers like these, i wonder if it's a direct conversion or is there something else to be calculated into that... 41.6mpg with mostly city driving is really good... 49.9mpg hwy is approaching Prius territory...

i know Honda underrated the car but that's quite a bit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.