Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone, I know this is an old forum, but I could use a little advice on some wheel and tire sizes. I'm just able to afford a good set of wheels for my CR-Z. I bought a set of 18 x 8 (40mm offset) wheels for my car and tires that are 215/45R18. My car is not lowered yet so I would like to know if the tires and wheels that I selected we'll fit without any issues of rubbing. I would really appreciate a reply as soon as possible. Thanks all

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read the thread before I asked.. of course. There doesnt seem to be any direct info on my question. I have purchased the rims but not the tires... thats why i need to know.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
238 Posts
I was wondering what offset rims I need for my Honda crz stock struts. I m looking for more of a flush look
There's plenty of posts discussing this. Might want to take a look at those.

Short answer is it depends. Stock wheels are 195/55 R16 with +35mm offset. Best bet is to match that size.

Use this website to compare stock to your new setup. It'll give you some info about how close/far the wheel is to the inside, outside, and top of the wheel well. It's up to you to go and check if everything will clear.

I have 225/40 R18 wheels with +35mm offset. they look flush at the rear, with about 10mm sticking out at the front. I recently discovered a shiny spot in the inner passenger-side wheel well. I got the car like that, though, I've never noticed any rubbing.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts