Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will 17x8 +25 offset fit my crz all around? I'm looking at the Xxr 531 I really like them never bought rims or tires before. First time please help :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Will 17x8 +25 offset fit my crz all around? I'm looking at the Xxr 531 I really like them never bought rims or tires before. First time please help :)
If ur at stock height u will be fine. Idk if u will need to do work in the rear as u go lower and it will poke out a bit in front but camber it in and it will look nice. Off topic - I jave some 17x9 +20s for sale wedsport sa70s u moght be interested in.. ok :eek:fftopic:

So im worried about fitment on the innerside guys... I wamt to run 17x8s in front but can I get away with a 45 offset if I use 235/40s or do I need to drop down to a 42 or even a 40..at some point I may want to camber in a couple of degrees..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm thinking of
XXR 535's
17x8.25 with +35 front offset and +20 rear.

From what I understand, anything lower or higher than the stock +45 offset will cause over/under-steer, but I want a slight concave look in the front so with a +35 front offset, would I need 10mm wheel spacer to reach +45 without sacrificing looks? I make out from the chart that the wheel would stick past the fender by 1'' as it is with a +35 offset.. I could be wrong.
2nd question. The +20 rear offset.. Would suspension/brakes have enough clearance? Any good advice would be appreciated, my head hurts.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A spacer is like lowering your offset, so if u put a 10mm spacer on a +35 offset its like +25 which will put u at a poke stance unless u camber in. For the rear u will have wayyyyy more than enough clearance. I think u have the offset thing reversed. If stock offset was 45mm and u go to 20mm u now have 25mm extra space

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking about getting the Enkei SR6, either 16inch or 17inch rims. I just don't know which fitment is best. 16 x 7 45mm or 17 x 7.5 40mm or 50mm? the man on the phone from a honda dealer recommends 50mm.. I doubt it.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Both...

I run a 50 offset in front on 17x7.5 wheels. It lets me fit big meaty tires (235/40R17). Low offsets are for show...

I also run 16x7 +45 in the rear... I do this for quite a few reasons. Mainly so I can run a skinnier tire (205/55R16) to reduce understeer, but also to have more side wall "compliance" to make up for the harshness of the torsion beam rear suspension when it goes over rough surfaces. I also like the unconventional look of front stagger...

That's what I do and I love it. It's not for everyone though... Lots of people will insist on being able to rotate tires, which they never do anyways... Instead of rotating tires, you just buy fronts when they wear out and very occasionally you'll need rears. I'm guessing I'll go through 3 front sets for every rear set.

Staggering the front changed my life... I won't ever go back to square. If you guys try it, you won't want anything else either...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Soo, I have a problem with my 18x8,5's... 235/40/18 ET +40 (I know, tyres are too big, should've tried 235/35/18, but I had the wheels on my Accord (TSX) before, and that went fine with the tire size -obviously, because it's a larger car.)
My CR-Z is lowered 30mm, and the tyres in front rub the shocks. They don't just rub, the tires get stuck if I try backing the car with just a LITTLE bit of wheel-turn...
This is how it looks from above the fender liner;

What should I do? Will this ever fit my car? A higher offset in front might even cause more rubbing on the coil -because of the width of the wheels, but eliminate the chance of destroying the outside fender liner... And I don't want to roll the fenders. I like them the way they are :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
can I go with a 17x7j -50et front or rear? tyres fitted would be 225/45/17

-50 will definitely be too much, I'm assuming you meant +50ET.

This shouldn't have any problem fitting your vehicle. Stock 16's come at a high offset also, with the increased width and a similar offset you should have no issues fitting these to your vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
-50 will definitely be too much, I'm assuming you meant +50ET.

This shouldn't have any problem fitting your vehicle. Stock 16's come at a high offset also, with the increased width and a similar offset you should have no issues fitting these to your vehicle.
Yes sorry it was +50, was looking at these but not sure as not keen on black alloys
Genuine 17" Honda Civic Alloy Wheels | eBay

41 - 60 of 91 Posts