Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first prototype of the VP3 for ZF1. This airbox is designed for CR-Z by an aereonautical engineer and hand made. He has big experience with honda model with excellent results .

Now I'm testing the first prototype of this airbox, the first results are positive, at high revs the engine is much more aggressive and responsive, the throttle response is even stronger and the sound is fantastic, at low speeds is like the stock airbox, past the 3500 rpm in sport mode is really nice!

The pipe of exhaust gas recycle is temporarily removed in the future will be connected to the manifold after the sensor.

Some pics

Little video from the engine :

YouTube - Honda CR-Z ( ZF1 ) with VP3 airbox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the MAF is held in with duct tape? Even for testing i would be weary of that...
Nooooo, i put the duct tape to protect the maf because the gas recycle blowing in that area. The MAF is positioned in its special housing.

This airbox is a handmade product that probably will never be commercialized on a large scale, it is necessary to contact the guy who works, but I think not having trouble sending it abroad.

Tintin this is only the first prototype, I will send it to him in about a week and will make appropriate changes, It will shorten the collector and create an heat shiel by an a carbon sheet on the radiator, would also like to create a special RAM in the same position that stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.