Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I installed an Amp'd Emblem on the rear of my car last weekend, just wanted to drop some quick comments and photos.

I got the extreme red. The photos do this no justice. In person, the emblem is absolutely STUNNING! Well worth every cent Amp'd asks for them. I wired it to my third brake light, so when I hit the brakes it lights up. This effect really works with the car. Honda SHOULD have made the Z's like this. My father, who is 64, thought it looked stock, which is saying a lot considering his age.

I attempted to wire it to the tail lights that way when the lights come on, the emblem stays on. This is possible, but difficult. I may attempt this again in the future.

Also, I was very impressed with the care put into the packaging. Maybe a minor point, but when you see it you'll understand.

Enjoy these pics, and within a few days I will be providing a very detailed writeup of the install process. Note: pics 3 and 4 are more like what it looks like in person. The first two are about as bright as it is in direct, bright sunlight. Even pics 3 and 4 don't do it justice, but that's a better idea of how it will look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i promise i'm not computer illiterate. how do i attach the photos? it said i successfully attached a zip containing the photos i wanted to upload. so where are they?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Enjoy these pics, and within a few days I will be providing a very detailed writeup of the install process. Note: pics 3 and 4 are more like what it looks like in person. The first two are about as bright as it is in direct, bright sunlight. Even pics 3 and 4 don't do it justice, but that's a better idea of how it will look.
Enjoyed... Looks outstanding. I like it. :hi5: Looking forward to the DIY.. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Enjoyed... Looks outstanding. I like it. :hi5: Looking forward to the DIY.. Thanks.
likely going up tonight. bizzy hosted the images for me and provided me links, just gotta paste the write up in. i had it in PDF format, but 768K is apparently too big lol.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i might not get around to pulling it together on here tonight, but PM me your email and i'd be glad to shoot you the PDF i put together in advance of that.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just sent one to scotty. anyone else who wants, i'd also be glad to email you.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
just sent one to scotty. anyone else who wants, i'd also be glad to email you.
Yep, got em. An outstanding set of instructions and a great contribution to the forum..

Amp'd owes ya one. They should put it up on their site and provide you some..... ??

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It may be going on the site, and Amp'd took care of me. Really good people, and located in my neck of the woods. Support US based businesses :) !

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow! Very impressive and meticulous. You do some great work D! Will look at linking this somehow, or at the least, providing the PDF for customers. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. And thanks for the kind words!

Sincerely,
Ampd

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thx all, and thx amp'd.

i'm going to explore further the option to put the front emblem on. i'm thinking of doing a stripe like so:

and extreme white would set it off nice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.