Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the top coat pealing off the car?
the only 2 panels that are not peeling had been repaired and repainted several years ago. But the original top coat has numerous peels all around my vehicle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it's just a common issue for modern Hondas. My mom has a 2012 Civic and its paint began peeling after a couple of years as well. I've seen quite a few Reddit threads about it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
It is a common problem on all cars due to acid rain more in the 80s less now. It is why all of these "coatings" have become popular and why if you don't ever wax your car or wash it the clear coat fails.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
What color is your CR-Z, and do you live in the sun-belt? My paint's in great shape, but it gets washed/waxed regularly and had 1st dibs on the garage. :) I figure, the previous owner just didn't take care of it very well. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2011 Ocean Blue Pearl EX is fine, but every car I've had before this one has been red, and they have all had paint problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im waiting for mine to start before I do a full color change. Mine is a 2015 so I probably have some more time though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts