Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of these from Bayson R Motorsports and still have not installed it, mostly due to the fact that it came with no instructions and I'm the kind of person that needs instructions. I was not able to find any answers from older threads so I created this thread to ask if there is anyone out there that has installed this product on their CR-Z, if so please share on how you went about installing it. Remix Custom also sells the same product which comes with the same parts as seen the the pictures. I'll probably find out how to install it myself but I'm not sure when that is going to be, I'll update this post with pictures when I successfully install it.
Vehicle Car White Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car
Product Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
409 Posts
Next purchase I recommend for you is a genuine Mugen front sports grille. The instructions are even better than those coming from Honda or other manufacturers. Mugen’s Japan page lists the ZF1 grille as discontinued but US dealers might be able to get you the US version. Got the Japanese instructions for you just in case.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next purchase I recommend for you is a genuine Mugen front sports grille. The instructions are even better than those coming from Honda or other manufacturers. Mugen’s Japan page lists the ZF1 grille as discontinued but US dealers might be able to get you the US version. Got the Japanese instructions for you just in case.

I did want to buy the genuine Mugen grille at the time but was not able to find any in stock when I asked, and I usually look for genuine products before purchasing replicas as a last resort.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I did want to buy the genuine Mugen grille at the time but was not able to find any in stock when I asked, and I usually look for genuine products before purchasing replicas as a last resort.
Not sure where you looked because I phoned a dealer parts department who said they could get them. They said they inquired for a quantity of three and they can get at least three of them from a warehouse in California. So for future reference you can still buy them from Honda North America with that part number. You can try calling them if you want to.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Not sure where you looked because I phoned a dealer parts department who said they could get them. They said they inquired for a quantity of three and they can get at least three of them from a warehouse in California. So for future reference you can still buy them from Honda North America with that part number. You can try calling them if you want to.
Some dealership parts departments are better and more thorough than others. Getting some of them to even acknowledge the existence of HPD parts can be hit or miss, nevermind Mugen...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Some dealership parts departments are better and more thorough than others. Getting some of them to even acknowledge the existence of HPD parts can be hit or miss, nevermind Mugen...
Don’t gotta tell me that m8. I had to do insist a couple times that the part numbers for the HPD suspension were legit. One department said they weren’t legit, I insisted, they ran it and they said “… HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!” Got a good laugh outta that one. Another did the same thing, I insisted again, and they said “well it’s not a normal Honda part number.” Unless the parts department is completely incompitent you can get just about anything as long as you get them a part number.

Side note: I’m the reason J’s Racing relisted the ZF1 Circuit Converters. Had to get a manifold for the build as the car was ripped apart at the time. Contacted two US distributors who both didn’t have any and said they were discontinued. They were also removed from J’s Racing’s website. I took a part number from a website to give it a shot through my favorite exporter. Lo and behold through the exporter I know they got to J’s who gave me a quote and relisted them. What I’m trying to say is you have to exhaust every possible option. That’s how I’ve bought more than a few items thought to be gone like the US Mugen floor mats.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: I successfully installed the license plate holder today, if there are any questions on how to do it and what is required, feel free to ask. I just did not feel like making a DIY article for this particular application, even though Bayson R Motorsports does not provide installation instructions for this part for whatever reason. It will require drilling 3 small holes on the grille, 3M tape, a harness or wire extension if you ever plan on taking your bumper off in the future after installation, and some basic wiring for splicing wires together.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your thoughts on the looks? Care to share some photos?
I think it looks way better than what I had previously, I'll take some pictures later today. I did have a few issues during the installation since they did not provide instructions for whatever reason.

Reactions: neonmatrix

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a pic of it at night, did not have time to get one during the day, but I'll get one during the day later.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The inner second piece it comes with will be needed to hold the top portion in place along with using 3M adhesive tape in between the 2 pieces. Drilling through plastic and or sanding down imperfections may be required. Splicing included wires will be required during installation, it's not difficult, just annoying. I spliced through my fog lights using a wire harness extension to not splice through the original wiring for the fogs.

On a side note, not all LEDs were the same color. You can tell this by the color of the LED square inside, if it is greenish yellow in color, it will be bluer, but if it is just yellowish, the light will appear somewhat yellow as seen in the provided night picture. I put both blueish LEDs in the middle on both sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts