Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I also saw engine torque damper listed and damnit I need my underhood bling!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As of now from what I've known, it is just a project/concept car being made by Mugen Euro for showing off at Goodwood Festival of Speed. Nothing new is planned for consumer yet.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Give the cr-z another year and they'll be alot of options for sc, turbo and swap! But the k swap woud be sick! I want to see more ppl here instead of saying dumb stuff like this isn't a race car or blah vlah

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Give the cr-z another year and they'll be alot of options for sc, turbo and swap! But the k swap woud be sick! I want to see more ppl here instead of saying dumb stuff like this isn't a race car or blah vlah
well it definetly isnt a race car... :rotfl:

but mine will be....haha....I wanna get into solo with my local scca...

but when people say "it isnt a race car"....i dont blame them....cuz they're
kinda right.

i didnt buy my car because it gets good gas mileage....
but most people here did...

I bought it because I simply love how it looks...
I love how good it's GOING to handle...
And I love how fast it's GOING to be....

everybody's different homes...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
A race car is technically a car with a large number of adjustments to all aspects of a car, suspension, performance, ect. So In perspective any car can be a race including a cr-z.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Neither are civic's yet there's plenty running 8 sec quarter miles lol. Then again what is a race car?
true...

but honda designed the civic si (for example) because they know its
geared towards a younger group who plan to tune it...

honda designed the cr-z to be the best looking and fun to drive hybrid on the market

i dont think honda had the tuner in mind....they were trying to open peoples minds
to the idea of hybrid.....people who would normally look and laugh at a prius for example...

im one of them....i hate the prius, the prius drivers, and generally could have cared
less about hybrids....

the cr-z changed that....know im like.....who cares if its a slow hybrid....it looks great.....and nobody is laughing at my car like they do the prius....

ive got nothing but positive feedback.....people dont believe when i tell them its a
hybrid.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
More details from Autoblog:

Report: Mugen CR-Z powertrain details come to light

The Honda CR-Z is an interesting little hybrid that has mostly disappointed us with a dire need for more power if it ever hopes to live up to its promise as a sports coupe. The tuners at Mugen have promised to change all that with a souped-up version of the unique little hatch, and CAR reports the result is a 50-percent power increase via forced injection.

The British mag says the Mugen Euro will feature a supercharger mated to the standard 1.5-liter four-cylinder, which bumps the power output to 197 horsepower and 181 pound-feet of torque. That's a far cry from the stock 113 ponies and 107 lb-ft, yet the engineers at Mugen reportedly managed to find a way sync Honda's integrated hybrid assist system. That should make for a fairly efficient little screamer, and Mugen is reportedly hoping induction and exhaust upgrades will help its hot hatch improve upon the CRZ's 38 miles per gallon. Not if you're using all 197 of those ponies on a regular basis.

Additional upgrades reported by CAR are a host of weight-saving tech including 17-inch forged Mugen GP wheels, front and rear adjustable dampers and upgraded brakes. Expected visual updates include Mugen-spec front and rear bumpers, a massive rear wing and side skirts.

When the Mugen Euro CR-Z makes its official debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July, we're told to expect Type-R levels of performance. Sadly, we won't be holding our breath for a U.S. launch any time soon.
Report: Mugen CR-Z powertrain details come to light — Autoblog

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
From my limited knowledge of modding a car, wouldn't a turbo be more effective than a supercharger on a small displacement engine like the CR-Z's?
The way I understand it is that both setups make power on small displacement engines but you can turn the boost up way higher on turbos and get way more power.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Aint holding my breath on this, but from what Mugen UK have said via civinfo-
Final spec yet to be determined, all subject to dyno testing.
We are running standard internals for initial testing but will be rebuilding the engine soon with some uprated components then we can start to push it a bit.
It won't be made into production that's for sure... but I'm happy to see them giving our Lea1 engine the beans. Surely this may attract a wider audience in the future, especially the car tuning enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.