Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
received the mugen mirrors from king motorsports. reason i bought them is because of the blue color, it really helps with the sun reflections. (Florida sun is brutal)

these stick on your current side view mirrors. the problem is the mirrors are for JDM right hand drive cars. so the convex mirror is on our drivers side and the flat mirror is on our right side. i would like having a convex on our drivers side because it would help with blind spots but i don't want to lose the convex mirror on the passenger side.

just want to share so others don't make the mistake. king is cool about it and letting me return the mirrors. it would be great is Mugen would make both mirrors convex for our cars.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You say the sun is brutal down there, but how much sun hits your outside rearview mirrors and then hits your eyes? That's a SERIOUSLY low sun or a VERY high aimed mirror.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You say the sun is brutal down there, but how much sun hits your outside rearview mirrors and then hits your eyes? That's a SERIOUSLY low sun or a VERY high aimed mirror.
you are forgetting about sun reflecting off other objects and hitting the mirrors.... that's the main problem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For those with heated mirrors (EX), would the heat transfer to these well enough to continue working, or would using these blue mirrors defeat the anti-fogging and ice melting capabilities of the heated mirrors?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
thanks Gitano for the ebay link. i bought them and will post results once i receive them.
Let us know if they work with the mirror defrost, please.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got the ebay specials 1/19/11. so ordered on the 12th and received on the 19th from Taipei, Taiwan. pretty cool to get something that fast from 1/2 way around the world.

anywho, very pleased with the ebay rear view mirrors. blue tint, convex on both left and right side. fitment seems to be Excellent. i will install this weekend but i did test fit tonight and they seem perfect. optical quality appears fine. they do stick on top of the stock mirror.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.