Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Ever since my CR-Z turned three and the warranty ran out I have been considering modifications, mainly Mugen ones. However upon doing research I was frankly shocked at the prices of some of them here in the UK.

Now what you probably don't know about me is that I used to live and work in Japan and was somewhat into the car scene out there as well. I was also living there when the CR-Z came out and thus knew the prices of the various Mugen parts. Last time I was out there (3 months ago) I got a chance to drive my friends fully Mugen'd CR-Z and fell in love.

I have been doing research and talking to my various contacts out there and it seems I can get most Mugen parts for significantly cheaper prices than they are sold here in the UK. Just as a few examples:

Sports Exhaust System - Japanese price £1000, UK price £1700
Adjustable Suspension - Japanese price £1100, UK price £2270
Performance Airbox - Japanese price £700, UK price £1200
Unpainted rear Wing - Japanese Price £700, UK price £1000

I am now seriously considering arranging a bulk purchase of stuff for myself and wanted to put the feelers out into the community to see if anyone else would be interested in joining me.

How we move forward would depend on the amount of people interested and the amount of parts bought. If it were a small number we could get them shipped over in a bulk lot via surface mail for a really reasonable price however if a lot of people were interested and in big parts like body kits etc then the cost of a shipping container is actually pretty good.

So I guess to reiterate my question, anyone want any cheap Mugen parts from Japan?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally already have the Mugen. BUT just yesterday I hit a huge rock and tore up my front spoiler. So I need that and I would love the 6 lights that go in the front grill. PM me with any info.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm interested, I've already got the mugen kit & rims but looking to finish the thing off with the air box, exhaust and carbon mirror covers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The only rz part I've ever seen is the badge!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cr-z mugen

Hi there!! How are you? my name is Manuel and i am from Greece!! I have cr-z and also i would like to buy some mugen parts but the true is that are very expensive especial from England!! Now i am in Korea and i was thinking if from here we could provide them chipper!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts