Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats good everyone I'm Todd,

I own a 93 Toyota MR2 Naturaly Aspired, lately its started to have many problems and has turn into a classic money pit. So recently Ive decided to leave the old MR2 behind and replace it with something more reliable. When i saw the CR-Z a couple of months ago i fell in love. Ive read mixed reviews on the car but it seems like the people who dont like it are your typical honda fan boys (aka civic/integra guys). This will be my first new car? what do yall think?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

I own a 93 Toyota MR2 Naturaly Aspired, lately its started to have many problems and has turn into a classic money pit. So recently Ive decided to leave the old MR2 behind and replace it with something more reliable. When i saw the CR-Z a couple of months ago i fell in love. Ive read mixed reviews on the car but it seems like the people who dont like it are your typical honda fan boys (aka civic/integra guys). This will be my first new car? what do yall think?
Take some time to review all the threads here. Think you will find most previous Honda owners love the CR-Z.

It is a great car and is exactly what it is advertised to be - Sport/Hybrid. Go test drive a Prius and a Civic Hybrid and then the CR-Z in Sport mode. Be careful though, the dealer may have his/her way with you afterwards. Don't show your pleasure.

:rolleyes:

Scott

·
Registered
44 Posts

I went from a 2007 twin turbo BMW 335Xi to a CRZ and have no regrets at all.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
im getting used to the MT still so i havent even put my car in sport mode yet (drove an AT for 3+ years). i will say that the little car has balls. it carries that 122hp well. if fuel efficiency & fun are high on your priority list, you should like the car. If you race around from light to light, they maybe look elsewhere (although the CRZ does have some good low end torque).

Best advice is to test drive one if you are even remotely interested. More so than other cars i looked at, this car needs a drive to show its potential.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would agree with northbridge.

this car i think is more economy than sport in terms of raw performance. but i think it's 100x better than driving other hybrids such as a prius, camry etc.

the interior either speaks to you or it doesnt, i happen to love it. The lack of backseat and small nature are obviously no problem for you coming from an mr2.

seeing out the back will take some getting used to, but i think i've adjusted ok.

i personally like the option of being able to get 45mpg on one trip, and zipping around in sports mode on another. it's a cool little car that i think is well priced for what you get.

-
James

·
Registered
674 Posts
Don't take a salesguy on a testdrive with you and treat it the same way you treat the MR2 in the turns. I flogged the CR-Z on my second test drive (finally sans the salesdude) just like I do with my Elise - the friend that was with me was screaming (just like he does in the Elise), but CR-Z behaved very predictable and very impressive for a porked up hybrid. You won't scare anyone with your launch off the light, but you will leave most people behind in the turns. VSA (stability control) didn't interfere much, either, but can save your butt if you do something utterly silly.

And don't trust the reviews on this side of the pond - it's a very anti-american car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't give up on the two

I own 92 na,and 1988sc mr2 they are so fun to drive.Such a classic import.When I saw the crz I just loved it and had to have it.Mostly loved the north shore blue.But I will never give up on my 2 two's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Best way to know if you are going to like the car is not from our opinions, but from you driving it. So I would recommend you go out and test drive it. and FYI, Honda fanboys would be the first people to shit on a new product from Honda if they don't like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.