Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here. I own a 2009 EX-L V6 Accord. Looking to maybe to trade it in on a new CR-Z. I want/need to get better mileage, and want to save a little on the note.

I'm sure this has probably been addressed on here before, but I looked around before posting and didn't find an answer. I've watched several Euro videos reviewing the CR-Z that claim 56/57 MPG. But everything this side that I've seen is quoting around 37 MPG. Is there some difference between the two versions that would account for this? Do you think that the 37 MPG represents the sport mode output and the 57 the ECON output? Thoughts? Again, sorry if this has already been addressed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The European mpg is for the British Imperial gallon which is larger than the U.S. gallon. Also, the method the EPA uses for estimating mileage for hybrid cars is very conservative. Most Prius and Insight owners report considerably more mpg than the EPA estimates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I remain optimistic that the US version will acheive much better highway mpg than the 37/38 high quoted. I think even the Honda website says the figure is based on the car being tested in "normal" mode. I hope the combination of the "lean burn" capability of the engine and the high 6th gear will result in 50 mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.