Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This test is driving the posted limits, and no hyper-miling. Premium fuel. Tires at 35 psi nitro only. Tires will goto 42-45 psi combo air/nitro on next tank. This tank is a comparo for using premium fuel. Below is a list of data after 2 days worth to work and home only:

*3041 tot miles
*152.8 miles on this tank
*403 miles to go (range)
*48.4 MPG so far
*80% oil life left
*Fuel level is one bar above 3/4 of tank
*93 octane premium fuel
*35 psi nitro in tires
*60% hwy/40% cty

Will be camping for the next 4 days so will be awhile b/4 future updates. GONE FISHING!!! Don't think I will have internet access...:hi5:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are correct gomar. However wanted to test on my own to see.
Bizzybear; Didn't do too well at fishing, cold front moved in while camping. So told wife to get another trip together and were going again this weekend.
So far I'm 2 bars above 1/2 tank, 263.1 miles, 48 MPG. Just a short update will put up all numbers after this tank. It looks like hyper-miling is what got me to the big 50 numbers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This test is driving the posted limits, and no hyper-miling. Premium fuel. Tires at 35 psi nitro only. Tires will goto 42-45 psi combo air/nitro on next tank. This tank is a comparo for using premium fuel. Below is a list of data after now 5 days worth to work and home only:

*3281 tot miles
*46.9 MPG
*392.3 miles on this tank
*103 miles to go (range)
*1/4 tank of fuel left
*80% oil life

Although the range says 103 miles to go, I am pretty sure I will get over 500 miles on this tank. With 5 bars left on the fuel guage I should be able to make it another full trip plus a half one. Which will be another 120 miles. And once again I also think the manual calculation will be better than what the computer is reading as far as the MPG's.
I put these numbers out now b/c I will be gone for another 4 days fishing again (can't get enough). Will update again Thurs. or mabey Fri. if all goes good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably not. However I could send you the video. lol. Now that the kids are gone we get to do whatever WE want. And if we didn't have these damb dogs we would fly all over the world. Well, gotta go get the camper and load it. If we have better luck I'll try to get some pics. I know this is a car forum, no worries I'm sure I'll get a car in it somehow lol. Later

·
Registered
314 Posts
Probably not. However I could send you the video. lol. Now that the kids are gone we get to do whatever WE want. And if we didn't have these damb dogs we would fly all over the world. Well, gotta go get the camper and load it. If we have better luck I'll try to get some pics. I know this is a car forum, no worries I'm sure I'll get a car in it somehow lol. Later
WAIT A MINUTE! So, are those the gas mileage figues for your CR-Z from being towed at the back of a Winnebago?!?! :pP:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WAIT A MINUTE! So, are those the gas mileage figues for your CR-Z from being towed at the back of a Winnebago?!?! :pP:
No dougal. I have never towed the Z. All my numbers are actual driving conditions to and from work.

Final numbers are in:

*3359 tot miles
*471.1 miles on this tank
*47.0 MPG reading on comp.
*16 miles left on range
*one bar on fuel guage
*still 80% oil life

Filled tank tonight instead of before work tommarrow. Put 9.502 gals of REG. unleaded in, with 471.1 miles on tank comes out to 49.579 MPG. Very happy with these numbers since I quit the hyper-miling off the hwy. Maybe the premium fuel made up for this but i do not know. Next tank will be all same except on reg feul, and will increase tires to 42-45 nitro psi everything else will remain the same.:hi5:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.