Votes: 85 64.9%
  • More than 45 MPG

Votes: 36 27.5%
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll go for 45+ but not expecting a lot of + because:

• It's supposed to be based on the current Insight. I get between 45 and 48 MPG on my Insight in realistic driving conditions (mostly highway, some hills, some traffic, and "I Can't Drive 55").

• It is rumored to have a 1.5 Litre engine, the Insight has a 1.3 -> worse gas milage

• Honda technology is awesome and they will find some way to improve it slightly

• It's supposed to be sporty. Whatever they do to improve the gas milage, we will drive it to have fun.
FYI, I also owned a 1st gen Insight. It got 53 MPG on "regular" driving. It got 72 MPG on one tank when I was driving "gently". But that gets old and I have better things to do with my time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can picture getting 55 MPG at 55 MPH haha.... but seriously, i think the CRZ will have awesome fuel consumption. I expect it to match the Insight despite the bigger motor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How can they be saying 32??? Does Honda not have the technology to do any better then their Insight. Sad Honda, really sad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
a base Corvette C6 w a 400hp V8 gets 30 mpg cruising on highway

The CRZ needs to get at least 35 mpg to make me pick it over a base C6

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI, I also owned a 1st gen Insight. It got 53 MPG on "regular" driving. It got 72 MPG on one tank when I was driving "gently". But that gets old and I have better things to do with my time.
I have an 07 Prius, 2 weeks on a tank of gas is great but it handles like an SUV and is about as much fun to drive as a refidgerator

I also have an 07 Z06, much more fun :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll go for 45+ but not expecting a lot of + because:

• Honda technology is awesome and they will find some way to improve it slightly
first part is true, honda technology is awesome, but they didn't improve enough to even raise my eyebrow on the "resurrection" of the insight... my bet is on 40-45 mpg for the CR-Z.

For me, personally, I'm going to just keep taking the bus till something comes out that tops the 1st gen insight.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i read on another forum that they might have tested the 6MT in 5th gear on the hwy... this makes sense to me and might be why the hwy is so much lower than what some were expecting...

the '06+ Si and 05-06 RSX-S 1st-5th gearing is the same as a CTR (Civic Type-R) but they use a different final drive resulting in slower acceleration than the Type-R transmission... the Si uses the 6th gear from the 04+ Acura TSX which is why the RSX-S is faster past 5th gear... i'm hoping that they used the same or similar gearing on the CR-Z 6MT as they did on the '06+ Si's... more than likely it's not but it would be nice to have a really tall 6th gear like the Si's have...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well since the estimates are out from Honda at 31/37 MT and 36/38 CVT... I'm expecting over 40mpg real world driving...
I hope you're right, even Ford is estimating the Fiesta at 30/40 with probably 35 or so combined. I'm going to be pisssed if even the Fiesta offers similar/better mpg with comparable or better power ratings. How horrible would it be to have a sport version of the Fiesta best the CRZ:cursing:???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Averaged 50.2 while I was driving the 2000 Insight, and averaged 43.4 at the end of my first tank in the 2010 Insight... From those numbers I have to guess the CR-Z will average (for someone with my driving style/habits) about 38 MPG. I'm sure it will be capable of better, but if it turns out to be fun to drive then I doubt most will watch their MPG's closely enough to achieve the 40-50 mpg that may be possible.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts