Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online

i guess in this thread we can discuss not just the CR-Z but the other cars in there as well...

there's been some talk about the Ford Fiesta being better than the CR-Z... after looking at those pictures i have to say i strongly disagree... horrible looking car IMO... and hideous interior...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I got to ride one of the Fiesta movement cars at an autoshow. European but very similar to the SES hatch we'll get. I rode one without leather or winter package but all other features like SYNC, interior lighting, chrome package. Auto.

For a car under $20,000 it was pretty damn impressive. We're talking a dash made of a somewhat spongy material that is pleasant to touch. The kind of dash I found in only a handful of other cars - flagship luxury sedans. SYNC works like a charm, you can run most functions just by speaking. Push button start is a great feature. Care has plenty of pep, more so than the Insight I feel. It might be slower on a 0-60 chart but it doesn't feel like the Fiesta has a life sapping transmission.

Interior is sort of alien in design but overall I hand the Fiesta the highest quality inside in the segment. I doubt America is ready to flock to a small car like the Fiesta but its a sign of things to come on the Focus and next Fusion then we may be looking at some serious segment busting cars. Hyundai and Ford are the ones to watch I feel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If the Base JDM is 2,491 lbs (according to leaked brochures) then the USDM will probably by just slightly lighter without the back seats and seat belts. Maybe around 2,460 or so. Sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the Base JDM is 2,491 lbs (according to leaked brochures) then the USDM will probably by just slightly lighter without the back seats and seat belts. Maybe around 2,460 or so. Sounds good to me.
i got excited about that too... but i took a look at the date of that article and noticed it said 01/04/2010... which means it was b4 the Detroit show... the Detroit show released the USDM Spec CR-Z info and we are in fact heavier than the JDM model :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
- Preliminary EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, CVT (City/Highway/Combined): 36/38/37 miles per gallon [2]

- Preliminary EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, MT (City/Highway/Combined): 31/37/33 miles per gallon [2]

- Weight (lbs., preliminary estimates): Approximately 2,670 (MT) to 2,725 (CVT)

(From Honda.com).. Notice how these are "Preliminary Estimates" and how the weights are "approximate". This is classic "under-promise over-deliver," something Honda is good at. It gives them some wiggle room in case anything changes during the last 6 months before production, even though there's a 99% chance nothing will. It looks to me like they just tacked 200 lbs onto both of the actual weights.

Honestly, I can't think of any possible feature or combination of features that would add 200 lbs to the USDM, especially when they have removed the weight of the back seat. My prediction is that the USDM Spec will be 2,470 lbs for the 6-mt, and 2,525 lbs for the CVT.

In fact, at 2,470 lbs this car all of a sudden makes perfect sense; 50 lbs lighter than the Fit Sport 5-MT, likely geared more aggressively due to the added 6th gear, and more powerful due to the IMA.. Sounds like a real winner if these weight figures prove to be true.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh boy i hope you're right... i'd be even more excited about getting one than i am already... we'll see the official numbers on the 25th when the JDM CR-Z comes out... they essentially have the same specs as the USDM CR-Z as far as safety goes... so the weight of them should be identical if not very close to the same...

the back seats probably will only add 30lbs (+/- 10lbs)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.