Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left side of driver control's has the three MODE buttons to manipulate the car's power setting. Regardless of which button I push NOTHING HAPPENS. The light does not change. The engine revs and engine sound from under the hood does not change. The shading around the center lighted display will not change to green or red, only stays blue.

Could this be as simple as a bad fuse? Bought the car two weeks ago with 180K miles (don't worry, it's my fourth Z and I got a great deal) and I am still exploring things. It works so I am hesitate to start a wholesale program of major changing of everything under the hood but a simple blown fuse I can handle. I think, LOL.

BTW, speaking of major upgrades under the hood - what do you guys recommend? Have already upgraded to 17 inch wheels and Yokohama tires and a new monster Kenwood audio system (includes a NAVI feature) is coming next week. Also on the my list is fix or repair to brakes, air conditioner charge, front suspension (not wanting to lower the car, just want to be sure current suspension has some life left). headlights (they look a little smoky and dull). Also, does anyone have any history with a conversion kit that takes the ignition system from a key fob to a START button on the dash? Would be very convenient and handy.

Remember - wear your mask and stay 6 feet away from everyone assuming we have enough elbow room.
FWIW question - seven billion people on the planet and we give each one six feet in all directions - at what point do we run out of that "elbow room"?. All because of that one stupid basketball player.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
Sounds fuse to me. Time to take a simple test light or continuity meter and test all the related fuses. With a flash light you maybe able to see which fuse is blown or with the meter you can touch each side of each fuse with the probes and see which one(s) have no connection. Others may have better quicker methods. If something in that panel has failed you can order a replacement here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got my "work of ART" back and he inspected the appropriate fuse and just put in back into the slot. All the lights now work and I can feel the difference when switching modes. Will have to monitor for awhile but I think problem is solved.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
319 Posts
glad you found out the issue. I never would have guessed a bad fuse. I would have thought that maybe a canbus line went bad, or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts