Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, most people here are excited about the idea of getting more out of, or upgrading the IMA system.
Well, whatever the mission motors box is, in the HPD type R must be doing just that. (mission motors makes electric vehicle stuff).
I'm curious if anyone knows exactly what it is, and what the chances are of us getting these type of parts installed?
From what I've read so far, it seems they are using the same electric motor, and just got better batteries and controller.
I want!

Is there a bunch of red tape to cut through for the aftermarket manufacturers, to get/develop/sell electric/battery parts for these cars? Any extra crazy government regulations or anything? Basically, can any ole' aftermarket company just start selling better batteries?

·
Registered
232 Posts
bigger turbo?

na, ima slap on a bigger/stronger battery !!
That's my dream. I'm not touching this car, power wise, while it's under warranty. However, several years from now as the stock battery has aged, I'd LOVE to be able to drop in an aftermarket battery/inverter for some push-to-pass powah!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
glad everyone's taking my post positively :p
everything has its limits. too much power to an electric motor will melt it. with that said, i'd imagine that our electric motors have a much higher threshold than the golf cart i juiced.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
everything has its limits. too much power to an electric motor will melt it. with that said, i'd imagine that our electric motors have a much higher threshold than the golf cart i juiced.
well since HPD boosted the power to 25hp/70tq, that's 12hp/22tq gain over the stock setup, i'm sure they can SAFELY be pushed to this limit daily... of course it won't last as long and Honda wouldn't be able to offer the 8year warranty they offer on them...

·
Registered
108 Posts
hah, the security guard at my hs had a tricked out golf cart: custom paint, head/tail lights, raised, alloys, and i bet that thing had a boosted battery... i think it was street legal too since it had plates...
we're on a Hybrid forum... of course it would be taken with positivity :pP:
/ttt

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Would be awesome to know more about what they did to the IMA system. I have a friend that works on hybrid diesel engines over at Rolls Royce, maybe she could come up with something awesome for me :p Should be basically the same thing, just she works on things at kind of a larger scale, haha.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Would be awesome to know more about what they did to the IMA system. I have a friend that works on hybrid diesel engines over at Rolls Royce, maybe she could come up with something awesome for me :p Should be basically the same thing, just she works on things at kind of a larger scale, haha.
ya we get it, the part of the world you live in is far more interesting than the part of the world we live in. :pP:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
hah, the security guard at my hs had a tricked out golf cart: custom paint, head/tail lights, raised, alloys, and i bet that thing had a boosted battery... i think it was street legal too since it had plates...
Was your HS in Florida?

I know you can register golf carts in FL. And even get your own insurance policy for one. I've seen some pretty tricked out or comfort modded golf carts around The Village.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.