Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got my plates today, and while I was putting them on, I noticed that there looks like there was a panel missing where the license plate lights are. I'm bringing it to the dealer tomorrow to be looked at, but how did I not notice this for a month of owning the car? Does anyone have a picture of how this panel looks? Is this something that falls off easily?
?

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is nothing missing or fallen of.
It is used for mounting the optional camera.

It looks like :cursing:......it would have been nice if a panel was mounted, but no.
You'll have to live with it like the rest of us :bored:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just noticed mine. Yea looks like shit!!! Also means things can get in frigging car. Like rodents, bugs etc. I think i'll be a bitch to my dealership today. Its early and that pisses me off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Don't take it as a bad thing, find a camera and bolt that bitch up run some wires and boom backup camera. at least that's what im doing.
Will a camera plug-and-play with our Nav units? In other words, if I were to order th camera available in other markets, would I be able to just run some wires and connect to my existing Nav as-is? Wouldn't I need a firmware change, as there's no menu for a camera?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Back up camera

Yes, very good question. Can a camera be added and integrated into the Nav ststem? I would like to know. Also, can we watch DVD movies on the nav screen? Anyone who is smart should knoe. Surely isn't me, all I have are questions so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm taking my CR-Z to Car Toys on Saturday to get a backup camera installed. They need to pull the OEM Nav unit out to look at the connectors in the back, but they are confident they can connect a backup camera to it. I don't see there being a problem. The Nav unit in a CR-V is probably the same unit and it comes standard with a backup camera. Either way I'm hoping to get it done this Saturday and I'll post some pictures if it happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm taking my CR-Z to Car Toys on Saturday to get a backup camera installed. They need to pull the OEM Nav unit out to look at the connectors in the back, but they are confident they can connect a backup camera to it. I don't see there being a problem. The Nav unit in a CR-V is probably the same unit and it comes standard with a backup camera. Either way I'm hoping to get it done this Saturday and I'll post some pictures if it happens.
We are still waiting on an update.:sadwavey: Hopefully it worked out for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it in, looked under all the other crz's they had, and all of them were the same. Brought it to the attention of the guy that sold it to me, and he said, "hmm, you're right. It does look like crap. I wonder why Honda did that?" hahaha. One of the service managers told me that the backup camera may be offered in the future, but doesn't have a specific time frame :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.