Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Megan Front Strut Bar Install?

9K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  MisterJordy86 
#1 ·
Received this the other day and attempted to install it yesterday, however ran into some problems. I've installed many strut bars before, but this one is quite different since it's a different mounting location. Anyone have any tips on installing it?

There are the 2 mounting point for the strut bar bracket to mount on to:

There's virtually no room to fit a ratchet in there since the battery and "black" box is in the way. Anyone know what that is? I'm sure that if I move the the battery and "black" box out the way, i'd be able to fit a ratchet under there. I'm guessing it's the ECU, but I may be wrong

*The wrench is there just to show you where the bolt goes

Any information would be helpful, thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
I understand what you mean. All the strut bars that I have installed were always on the strut mounts, however I guess Cusco and Megan opted to mount it up differently. If I am not mistaken, there are two versions of the Cusco front strut bar?

Here are a couple of pictures that I found to show you how it's mounted up:

#6 ·
I'll get a close up of the pictures of the other hardware included when I get off of work. It's pretty much similar to the Cusco one.

#8 ·
Kinda weird place to put it, looks like it holds the fenders together more than the strut towers. Anyway if you look at the pics you posted the, CR-Z in the picture is right hand drive. It might make a difference if your in the U.S. with a left hand drive.

#12 ·
I just bought the Megan bar. Anyone have any step by step guides for this install? I appreciate the pictures in this thread but they don't help much with the actual install. I'm pretty sure it's just bolt on but I need to know how to get the bar maneuvered into position. Some have said they didn't have to remove the battery. Is this true?

#13 ·
how did people install this on a 2016? there is a relay box on the passenger side that is 100% in the way of the bracket. There is very little room to even move it out of the way and even if you do move it, it is just jammed in between the bracket, car, and brake booster (i think that is what it is)

no where does it say on a 2016 you have to do this and find a way to move something and/or relocate it.

#16 ·
I was kinda curious what that hex size was.... I have one on my Sprintex that a 6mm fits from one set of wrenches, but not the other "6mm"....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.