Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Milano Red 6MT EX
New Midway, Frederick County

Got it from Shockley Honda.

I have seen a Blue CVT EX around Frederick and there are a couple around Baltimore (Saw a Blue one on 95 the other day and a white one parked at UMBC).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Silver CVT EX (who needs navi!? :pP:)
Baltimore City

Got it at Heritage Honda on Harford Rd., in Parkville.

(InsightRacer... I think I saw the same white UMBC CR-Z parked outside of MICA recently, :huh:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Silver CVT EX (who needs navi!? :pP:)
Baltimore City

Got it at Heritage Honda on Harford Rd., in Parkville.

(InsightRacer... I think I saw the same white UMBC CR-Z parked outside of MICA recently, :huh:)
Saw that white CVT in the garage at UMBC again. Parked two slots down from me! Had Odonnel Honda plate frame on it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still blown away that I haven't seen another CR-Z anywhere around here!!! Wifey saw one parked in a driveway up in Carroll County, and we saw one on Skyline Drive in Virginia (of all places!), but haven't come across one around town!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Given:

- The population of the Baltimore-Washington area is 8,241,912 (in 2007)
- The population of the US grew 5% in the last 10 years (i.e. 1.5% since 2007)
- The population of the Baltimore Metropolitan Area is abou 2.7M (in 2009)
- The current population of the US is about 310,835,052 (Census Bureau Home Page)
- The number of CR-Zs sold in the US through the end of Novermber was 4373

Then

There are about 118 CR-Zs in the WMA and 38 in the BMA.

So the fact that you haven't seen any around Baltimore is resonable.

I have seen three around the WMA but I drive a lot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok, I think I found one. Any ideas on what is a good deal in terms of price before I start haggling?
I paid MSRP but I wanted it NOW (and ordered just what I wanted). There are some threads saying people are geting them for a few hundred below MSRP. And if they have it on the lot, they are probably hot to sell it. But I have heard the MTs are easy to sell, it's the CVTs that are less popular.

So under MSRP is good.

(I hate negotiating.:( )

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow thanks everyone. That cars.com site was great. I just spammed about 10 dealerships.

If they don't have the car in stock would they order it? How would this work and what do they need for this to happen? How long would something like that take?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow thanks everyone. That cars.com site was great. I just spammed about 10 dealerships.

If they don't have the car in stock would they order it? How would this work and what do they need for this to happen? How long would something like that take?
Wheather they will order one or not is up to the dealer. Mine didn't seem to want to order one until they had some. The first thing they will do is search the Honda network for one like what you want and try to trade for it (with whoever has it). If that fails, they will order one. It seemed that mine was promised to another dealer and they traded for it before it was made.

It took just about two months from when I ordered it until when I got it. It seems that I got one that was just about to be built which probably sped things up. If you have to start from scratch (one that is not already planned), it might take as long a 3 months. More than likely, they will be able to find one somewhere else in the country or on the way that meets your specs and you get it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can anyone recommend a good bank out there in baltimore and/or columbia and/or annapolis area?

I'm moving there in January and want to square away a bank.
Hmmm... not really, and it would depend on your banking priorities anyway (best rates/most atm's/best account opening incentives/lowest or least fees/etc.). I've been w) Bank of America for a pretty long time, primarily because of atm location convenience and the fact they have so many. However, I'm not so crazy about some of their services and had one experience in which they didn't follow through with an account switch I had requested. Recently heard ads for Susquehanna Bank, a more regional offering with not-so-many atm's, and I think they're offering some decent startup incentives. Like many areas, there have been a few smaller bank swallow-ups by the big guns over the last few years.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I've read all sorts of nightmare stories anout long order waits on these forums, but don't personally know. Mine actually was brought in to Bel Air Honda from where they found it in Hagerstown-- ordered on a Saturday and it arrived the subsequent Tuesday evening, one day after my birthday! As for pricing, I went the route of generating internet price quotes and believe I got a very good and absolutely no haggle deal. If this link works, it should lead you to the forum page where I previously posted my price info.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use BofA and have been pretty happy with them, but I'm considering switching to PNC because of the new fees that BofA's starting to charge.
Hey Lauren, if you switch I'd really like to hear your perspective on PNC. I've occasionally thought of leaving BofA, but then get derailed as a result of the potential hassles and uncertainty associated with switching-- accounts, setting up new bill pay, ordering new checks, switching safe deposit box locations, new atm locations, making sure I know all of their fees policies, wondering if new bank will end up being any better, etc. Guess the banks count upon such complacent attitudes! :angry:

Maybe some day I'll have the guts to switch, hopefully to one of them that offer the good incentives such as a free $50 to start an account, or at least a free toaster! :pP:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.