Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Aside from the CRV the Honda light trucks and people movers are not breaking any new ground. Acura has the same trouble. Got it's bacon saved by the MDX. I guess people are not warming up to the beak or the new Odyssey.

·
Registered
669 Posts
does anyone know the goals for the Crosstour and if it is on track or not?? btw, i really suspect the TSX wagon numbers being like that b/c it doesn't have a 6MT option...
I couldn't tell you about the Crosstour, but I seem to recall them talking about picking up 20-30K of sale annually. On the TSX Wagon, it is a conundrum. With the current production numbers, its going to be hard for customers to find what they want color/trim wise. In turn, this will discourage many buyers since (IMO) Acura as a brand hasn't 'conditioned' people that waiting 3 months for a car is 'normal'. In a way, the production numbers and thus sales become a 'self fulfilling prophesy.' Since manual transmissions only account for 5-6% of annual sedan sales, I don't think that adding a manual to a car selling 4000 a year is going to impact the numbers in any significant way. (and don't forget, I'm as big a manual tranny booster as you'll find)

·
Registered
693 Posts
That is the best sales month so far for the CR-Z right? Too bad it will be trailed by a month or two of low availability.
The CRZ continues to be the Honda model with the largest inventory relative to sales rate.

At March's sales rate (the best ever for the CRZ), there appears to be about a 107 day inventory of CRZs presently available. Other models have less than 30 days of inventory.

Based on VIN numbers, it looks like more than 15,000 CRZs have already been manufactured for the US market. So far 8959 CRZ have been sold leaving an unsold inventory of approximately 6000+.

As fuel prices continue to climb, perhaps CRZ demand will continue to be strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.