Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was just cleaning the engine in mine yesterday and it seems like it is toward the front side of the engine. Down in about 8-10" from the top of the motor, just a bit toward the drivers side from center of the engine. I am going on memory, from yesterday morning and I wasn't really looking for it. But I believe that is where it is. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
^^^Yeah that, but just look behind the radiator overflow reservoir--easier to get to the bleed screw by detaching that reservoir and moving it out of the way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^Yeah that, but just look behind the radiator overflow reservoir--easier to get to the bleed screw by detaching that reservoir and moving it out of the way.
Do you or anyone else have a picture of this?

It might be harder for me to do this as I just installed a racing radiator so there is less room around that area, I also just did a coolant change and would prefer not to remove the reservoir is possible

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am going to try and add a pic to the thread. I just ran out and took a pic of mine. You can see it just above the radiator reservoir and to the right of the engine ID pad.

Well crud. I cannot add pics to CRZ Forum. And photobucket is useless any more.

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Do you or anyone else have a picture of this?

It might be harder for me to do this as I just installed a racing radiator so there is less room around that area, I also just did a coolant change and would prefer not to remove the reservoir is possible
I see Eddie got you a good picture (where's that bleeder nipple cap at?) but you don't necessarily have to remove the reservoir to get to it--just makes it easier, and is just a 10mm bolt to remove (I think,) and just leave the cap on the reservoir--no draining or anything like that is necessary, and move it over enough to get a hose on the bleed nipple. Also, locate the release fork and wedge a small block of wood between it and the trans housing to limit movement of the fork while bleeding (recommended, but not absolutely necessary.)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope this helps.
Is it what I circled? I thought that area might be it when litz said behind the reservoir
Sorry I'm really new to this I'm more on the engineering side but being the nerd I am and the diyer I am, I'm trying to do alot of work I need done on my car by myself and basically learning as I go

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods can you delete this post and move this topic to diy, I searched every page of the diy form and couldnt find it, this might be useful to others

1 - 9 of 9 Posts