Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been covered in a previous thread - couldn't find one, but didn't look all that far back, either!

Is there any special maintenance on a Hybrid, beyond the normal oil changes and such that you would do on any car?

Also, is Honda anal about things like flushing brake fluid and coolant every 20,000 miles? Toyota is, although I always argue my way out of it with our company fleet of vehicles. Anyone with knowledge as to what alterations to the service schedule will affect the warranty? I intend to change oil, and be a good owner, but my friend just took his new car (high end German make) for its 20,000km service, and they wanted $450 because their computer said that everything from brake fluid to cabin air filter had to be changed. That's just robbery, IMHO.

Obviously, the dealership service department is going to raise "the warranty card" when they want to put your wallet up on the hoist and give it a good going over, but is it true with Honda (Specifically Honda Canada, but anywhere)?

If there is already a thread for this, please direct me to it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
My last two cars (Honda and Acura) required changing the brake fluid every three years independent of mileage, which I followed since brake fluid is hygroscopic (attracts water), and overtime it can corrode the brake system including the master cylinder and brake lines, a costly repair. My last Acura (130,000 plus miles before I totalled it) had a first coolant change recommended at 120,000 miles, but I timed-out and changed it (no flush) myself at 75,000 miles. The CR-Z seems to have similar requirements per maintenance footnotes but mostly locked in it's service computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.