Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! :dancing:

I'm MacDevil, I'm 34 years old and I'm from Porto (Oporto) which is a city in northern part of Portugal.

I have a white CR-Z GT (6MT) since August 6. Right now the car has more than 3100 km (1927 miles approximately) and has an average of 5.75 l/100km (40.90 MPG US - 49.13 MPG UK - 17.39 km/L approximately). My best average was 4.69 L/100 km (50.15 U.S. MPG - MPG UK 60.23 - 21.32 km/L - approximately) and the worst was 6.66 L/100 km (MPG 35.32 US - 42.42 UK MPG - 15.02 km/L - approximately).

I love my "Blue Eye" (which is how I call it). I think the CR-Z is not a real sports car but the perfect junction of performance with the economy. :hi5:

My choice for this car had to do with the aesthetic part, with the fuel economy and also with the ability to go faster when I want. :woowoo:

The DB and a Garage are for later but are a promise... ;)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

· Registered
85 Posts
Hello and welcome. My best (6MT) is 53.5 mpg (US) and worst is 32.5 mpg. The best being on a short trip on one of our Interstates here, and the worst driving in the mountains. Normally I get about 42 mpg around town.

sparrow

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello and welcome. :hi5:
Congrats on a new CRZ! Welcome :thumbsup:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are far too kind! :D (Linkin Park anyone?) :pP:

Hi there! :)

Hello and welcome. My best (6MT) is 53.5 mpg (US) and worst is 32.5 mpg. The best being on a short trip on one of our Interstates here, and the worst driving in the mountains. Normally I get about 42 mpg around town.

sparrow
Good averages! :thumbsup: I think my will rise (lower MPG) a little bit in the next days :blush:

· Registered
314 Posts
Hello! :dancing:

I love my "Blue Eye" (which is how I call it). I think the CR-Z is not a real sports car but the perfect junction of performance with the economy. :hi5:
Hey MacDevil... McDougall here (dougal on the forums)! VERY well stated... I'm also on the "glass half-full" (optimistic) side. :hi5:

Seen too many criticisms of "well, the CR-Z doesn't get nearly as many mpg's as other hybrids" and "the CR-Z isn't a REAL sports car!" Guess a lot of folks to comprehend that a combo of hyper fuel economy AND sports car performance is an awful lot to ask-- especially for a car in this price range!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey MacDevil... McDougall here (dougal on the forums)! VERY well stated... I'm also on the "glass half-full" (optimistic) side. :hi5:

Seen too many criticisms of "well, the CR-Z doesn't get nearly as many mpg's as other hybrids" and "the CR-Z isn't a REAL sports car!" Guess a lot of folks to comprehend that a combo of hyper fuel economy AND sports car performance is an awful lot to ask-- especially for a car in this price range!
I agree!

And notice my averages... I'm not a hypermiler but I think they are very good. ;)

Hello. Welcome aboard our mystery ship. Lol!
Thanks!

Are you the captain? :p

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
169 Posts
Hehe the theory is fine.. but I find that this car actually wants me to drive faster than I really should. I only picked her up today, but after a quick spin I was averaging 40 ish. Probably didn't help that I was "testing" sport mode :p

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hehe the theory is fine.. but I find that this car actually wants me to drive faster than I really should. I only picked her up today, but after a quick spin I was averaging 40 ish. Probably didn't help that I was "testing" sport mode :p
No, that doesn't help... :pP: But very good to drive in Sport mode :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.