Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,362 Posts
I think they are off if in park or hand brake on(even with a CVT) will check this weekend.
I could be wrong but iirc for light operation it may also make a difference whether or not the gear selector lever (CVT) is in "park" or the handbrake is engaged (6mt).

·
Registered
360 Posts
With the LEDs are they dimmed? I thought that was only when the high beams were used as DRLs? LEDs are not usually able to be dimmed. They may look dimmed due to the other lights being brighter. I think they are either on or off. I am probably wrong since i am in a different market and never looked at it closely.
I am 100% sure about it. However, only for EU-spec of course. The LED DRLs are very bright and across the full width of the headlight units (unlike US-spec, right?). When choosing "first click" (also called city lights I think), the DRLs actually dim quite a lot, without any other lamps turning on in the headlight units. So just the LEDs in the front and rear are then on. So they don't look dimmed due to other lights, they are actually dimmed.

·
Super Moderator
7,362 Posts
Probably a local market legal issue thing. My 2013 has the led strips at bottom of the headlights and I have an EX with HIDs it is illegal as we found out to run with just the marker lights on or parking lights as called in other places . Because of the HIDs during the day switch is off and all i have in front is the DRLS all other lights except turn signals and brake lights are off. Not sure if there are multiple levels of brightness for my DRLs.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts