Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,320 Posts
I finally "fixed" it by sealing the stupid bulb assembly inside the bowel with Flex Tape. It will be a breeze to replace now! Just cut the tape!
jesus christ, that is a disaster waiting to happen.

For anyone that doesn't want to pay the $150 for top-tier quality bulbs, these morimotos are about the best bargain you can get without running into serious quality issues (for example, like not being able to get the retainer clip secured and resorting to effing flex tape)

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
For a few dollars more, you can get a pair of DD ones. $80 versus 74.20 and if you mention this forum, no shipping.

3-year warranty
Warranty
3 Year Replacement Limited Warranty
All Diode Dynamics products come with a 3 Year Worry-Free Warranty.
If you experience any defect with a product, we will do some quick troubleshooting, and if necessary, provide a replacement. There is no need to wait for a return and repair process. Click here to learn more.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Those diode lights are pretty nice, but, they will last you about 2 years on the dot. At least.. mine did. I want to try the morimoto ones out and see if they last longer.

My 2011 OEM ones are STILL going.. after multiple cars too!

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
If they last less than 3 they will be replaced for free. And while your OEM may last longer, HID bulbs by the way they work will dim over time. As far as I am concerned, bulbs are wear out items and if they are dim or damaged they need to be replaced. In the case of headlights as a pair.
Those diode lights are pretty nice, but, they will last you about 2 years on the dot. At least.. mine did. I want to try the morimoto ones out and see if they last longer.

My 2011 OEM ones are STILL going.. after multiple cars too!

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
I have all new exterior bulbs for The Speed Bump from DD and have not taken the time to replace any yet except the back-up bulbs which burned out and were replaced by cheap auto parts place LEDs. It is part of the project to restore my car as much as I can.

DD is a US company, and they design and have manufactured all the bulbs they sell. Much closer to the supply chain than other companies that just repackage random things made elsewhere. IMO they make a premium product for a reasonable price with a good warranty.

If you have a set of their bulbs in stock, why are you even considering buying some others, that seems like a waste of money. Especially if the current ones are still as good as you claim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts