Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Z but am unsure of which route to go by getting it here in Canada or bring one up from the US.

Canada:
Starting price is abotu $25k ending price I assume will be at abotu $32/$33k.
Only 3 colors blue, white, silver.
Can continue getting the car maintained at the dealership as well have warranty.
Only 500 being shipped up here.

US:
Cheaper by quite a bit, even with border taxes I am guessing.
Has more color variation with the color I want. (Black)

Would it be smarter to finance one here or to get a loan and buy one from the US and pay off the loan?

Somewhat more organized now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I meant on what I should do haha my bad. As well, I just went based on what the guys at the dealership told me. They told me that we didn't get it so maybe they just don't know anything about the car?
Question is, should I get a z at a dealership here where I can get it maintained and what not. Or go to the states and bring one back, and with a color I actually like. We do not get black here, not really a fan of the 3 base colors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So getting it at the same dealership doesn't really effect anything?
Oh another question I wanted to add, how do you deal with dealerships to get them from screwing with you since i've never dealt with them I guess asking people with experience would be nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So getting it at the same dealership doesn't really effect anything?
Oh another question I wanted to add, how do you deal with dealerships to get them from screwing with you since i've never dealt with them I guess asking people with experience would be nice.
do more research on what you are performing the maintenance/fix on, get to know the estimate price of the job. compare with the dealer/private shops.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can they order you a black car?

If you don't want them messing with you, know your facts/price about the car and your plan for financing. Know what you want and what you are willing to settle for. I've read that if you get your own loan from a bank instead of from the dealer you are better off. Call up some nearby dealers in US and see what they are asking for the black one you want.

I don't know much haggle room there is for the CR-Z as it's new but mine really wouldn't go down. What killed me financially was my DH wanted to add all the warranties to it hiking the price up big time.

If they realize you know what you are doing (even if you are sort of faking it) they'll treat you better. If you get a crappy feeling about a dealer, leave right away. I've bought enough cars and expensive high end sewing machines (yeah I know this is a car forum) to know that bad dealer=bad experience and service.

Car dealers aren't as sleazy as they used to be as they know we have access to the information only they used to have. Now it's usually the service dept that tries to make up for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not going to lie, if I am bringing it in from the States having a warranty is pretty much useless to me as I will never go to them for service would it not. Our city will not order us one so I will have to go to the US for this, not going to lie I do not know anything about warranties that are available ect. So that might be bothersome.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Not going to lie, if I am bringing it in from the States having a warranty is pretty much useless to me as I will never go to them for service would it not. Our city will not order us one so I will have to go to the US for this, not going to lie I do not know anything about warranties that are available ect. So that might be bothersome.
I think you might want to investigate the warranty thing. I do not see a reason why if a Honda is under full warranty, a Canadian Honda dealerships service department would not honor it even if purchased in the states.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.