Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· IMA Enthusiast
1,620 Posts
How do you know you need a C board?

Please read this thread.

Note the HDS and diagnostic tools likely misidentify the fault board.

· IMA Enthusiast
1,620 Posts
OK that's a bit different scenario to the normal P0B3B faults.

So the cell 19 they identified as low, was it really low?
What was it's voltage measured with a multi meter compared to the others in the block?

The new cell they have put in and balanced to match the others, is it still holding up or has it'/s voltage dropped?

Do the multi meter voltage readings of these cells correlate with the HDS voltage readings.

If the cell in block C has been identified properly and confirmed as always being low, then yes you may need a new C BMS board.

The balancing mosfet on that cell 19 channel may be short circuit causing it to drain the cell all the time or it's just reading incorrectly.

If the BMS is draining the cell you can could get an equivalent SMD mosfet as is on the boards and have steady hands and a fine tip soldering iron it might be worth changing the one for that channel. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Remember you could configure an A board to be a C board by moving CAN id resistors. So you can use an A or C board.

Remember you can always buy a battery from a Nimh CR-Z or a later Honda Insight G2 and fit it..

· IMA Enthusiast
1,620 Posts
I could send you a C board...

I charge £150 each + £100 deposit and you have to send me the old one back for testing.

I refund your £100 deposit when I get the old one back.

I use paypal friends and family. PM me if you want one.

Keep your eye on e-bay or breakers yards..

· IMA Enthusiast
1,620 Posts
Please try and find out in detail exactly what he does with the board if he manages to fix it....
That will help others owners worldwide.. Thanks..

I presume he is going to identify/test and possibly replace the faulty channel balance mosfet??
I would certainly try that if it was my board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts