Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am new to the forums and sorry if this is not the right place to post this thread. As the title says, I am having a hard time finding a C board here in Sri Lanka and just wondering if anyone out here can help me find one. Anyone have a spare board or know anywhere that I can find one? The part number is 1K420-RW0-013.

· IMA Enthusiast
1,496 Posts
How do you know you need a C board?

Please read this thread.

Note the HDS and diagnostic tools likely misidentify the fault board.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The
How do you know you need a C board?

Please read this thread.

Note the HDS and diagnostic tools likely misidentify the fault board.
Hi, thank you for replying me. Let me say this first. You have done a fantastic job on researching about this problem and thank you for sharing your findings in here. I've read all BMS board related threads in here and I told to the mechanic about it as well. I don't know much about these things. But the mechanic who checked it is still saying the fault is in C board. But I still have my doubts and I was thinking about buying all four boards just in case (if they are available).

A month ago I've got IMA indicator on the dash and when scanned it showed that the 19th cell is not giving the correct voltage. So they charged and balanced it first, but again 19th cell was not holding the charge. So they replaced 19th cell. Actually, they put the new good cell from outside to 20th and put the 20th cell to 19th. The problem didn't go away. Still indicating IMA and showing the 19th cell voltage is down when scanned. According to the guy, the 19th cell is in the cell pack connected to the C board. According to him, the blue cell in the picture is 20th.
Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electrical wiring Musical instrument Electronic device

· IMA Enthusiast
1,496 Posts
OK that's a bit different scenario to the normal P0B3B faults.

So the cell 19 they identified as low, was it really low?
What was it's voltage measured with a multi meter compared to the others in the block?

The new cell they have put in and balanced to match the others, is it still holding up or has it'/s voltage dropped?

Do the multi meter voltage readings of these cells correlate with the HDS voltage readings.

If the cell in block C has been identified properly and confirmed as always being low, then yes you may need a new C BMS board.

The balancing mosfet on that cell 19 channel may be short circuit causing it to drain the cell all the time or it's just reading incorrectly.

If the BMS is draining the cell you can could get an equivalent SMD mosfet as is on the boards and have steady hands and a fine tip soldering iron it might be worth changing the one for that channel. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Remember you could configure an A board to be a C board by moving CAN id resistors. So you can use an A or C board.

Remember you can always buy a battery from a Nimh CR-Z or a later Honda Insight G2 and fit it..

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK that's a bit different scenario to the normal P0B3B faults.

So the cell 19 they identified as low, was it really low?
What was it's voltage measured with a multi meter compared to the others in the block?

The new cell they have put in and balanced to match the others, is it still holding up or has it'/s voltage dropped?

Do the multi meter voltage readings of these cells correlate with the HDS voltage readings.

If the cell in block C has been identified properly and confirmed as always being low, then yes you may need a new C BMS board.

The balancing mosfet on that cell 19 channel may be short circuit causing it to drain the cell all the time.

If you can get an equivalent SMD mosfet as is on the boards and have steady hands and a fine tip soldering iron it might be worth changing the one for that channel.
You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Remember you could configure an A board to be a C board by moving CAN id resistors. So you can use an A or C board.

Remember you can always buy a battery from a Nimh CR-Z or a later Honda Insight G2 and fit it..

I am not sure about multimeter reading as it's done by a technician. But the scanner reading was low on 19th cell than the others.

Yes, it was confirmed that the 19th cell doesn't holding the charge. The new cell from outside fitted into 20th and it held the voltage. But the original 20th cell moved to 19th was low again.

Really? I can fit the battery from 2011 CRZ? There are tons of 2011 CRZ batteries in here which is way more cheap. Is it compatible without modifications or do I have to modify the connecters or anything?

· IMA Enthusiast
1,496 Posts
I could send you a C board...

I charge £150 each + £100 deposit and you have to send me the old one back for testing.

I refund your £100 deposit when I get the old one back.

I use paypal friends and family. PM me if you want one.

Keep your eye on e-bay or breakers yards..

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could send you a C board...

I charge £150 each + £100 deposit and you have to send me the old one back for testing.

I refund your £100 deposit when I get the old one back.

I use paypal friends and family. PM me if you want one.

Keep your eye on e-bay or breakers yards..
I am very much interested. This maybe a dumb question, but how can I send you a PM? I don't see any messaging option.

· IMA Enthusiast
1,496 Posts
Please try and find out in detail exactly what he does with the board if he manages to fix it....
That will help others owners worldwide.. Thanks..

I presume he is going to identify/test and possibly replace the faulty channel balance mosfet??
I would certainly try that if it was my board.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please try and find out in detail exactly what he does with the board if he manages to fix it....
That will help others owners worldwide.. Thanks..

I presume he is going to identify/test and possibly replace the faulty channel balance mosfet??
I would certainly try that if it was my board.
That's what I am thinking. If he manages to fix this, I'll make sure to let you guys know how he did it.

I brought him the C board with the cell pack couple of days ago and I was told that he needs to check the others. He couldn't make it today and rescheduled for Monday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts