Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
581 - 600 of 637 Posts
Discussion starter · #582 ·
Same thing I was thinking, Fedie--besides, that gunmetal finish is in really good shape, so no sense in painting it over. He said the wheels have some chips, but while I was cleaning them up, I think I put the only noticeable chip/scratch on them--go figure.

Discussion starter · #583 ·
And darker wheels are easier to keep clean looking :grin2:.
Yeah, I've heard that, but they just allow you to ignore the dirt/contamination a bit longer. At least, that's what started happening when I took the white wheels off the CVT--the whole car was left days/weeks longer between clean-ups, which makes cleaning times less frequent, but more arduous. :|

Grey/Gunmetal will do that, Black however you will also become a "how much Tire Wet is too much tire wet..." person, Tires are surprisingly Grey!

and here I always though it was a silly Product.

Yeah, I've heard that, but they just allow you to ignore the dirt/contamination a bit longer. At least, that's what started happening when I took the white wheels off the CVT--the whole car was left days/weeks longer between clean-ups, which makes cleaning times less frequent, but more arduous. :|

I did say looks cleaner not actually that they were cleaner. Now that I think about it The Speed Bump needs a cleaning. >:)

Same thing I was thinking, Fedie--besides, that gunmetal finish is in really good shape, so no sense in painting it over. He said the wheels have some chips, but while I was cleaning them up, I think I put the only noticeable chip/scratch on them--go figure.
Decision made. ?

They look great on your car!
I'm happy they found a good home.

Personally, I like the gunmetal. But you only need to please yourself!
As for the advert, I think there was one small stone chip in one of the spokes on one wheel, and I wanted to be conservative in the description.
Since you got some gravel for free, we're good, right? :grin2:

One thing to explain to others who are viewing the images - in person they look like the close-up photo.
Not sure why, but I also found that they often appear darker in pictures than they do in reality.

Reactions: Fediej
Discussion starter · #588 ·
...Since you got some gravel for free, we're good, right? :grin2:
Yeah, we're good! They were in GREAT shape, but I think while I was picking the gravel out of the tread, I must have still had just one chunk of gravel that got on my protective cleaning pad, and slightly spun the wheel on top of it, leaving a scratch on one of the spokes--it'll buff out when I wax them tonight, so I didn't do too much damage. :smile2:

And yeah, the decision's made--leaving them gunmetal for sure. At first, I thought they looked a lot better on Amy, all dressed up in red, than they do on my PWP, but they give the car better character (than if I'd painted them white.)

Discussion starter · #590 ·
Discussion starter · #592 ·
Discussion starter · #594 ·
Oh hey! you were the insight we parked next to at Eibach I think. We were in my fiancee's car. (seerzed)

Loved the insight!
I wish! Kswap and a supercharger--nice build--but mine was the same color and year, but that's about it. :| I actually had my 6-Speed CR-Z there, just two cars over from that.

Discussion starter · #596 · (Edited)
Look what I found in my mailbox today. I think I have @HondaHolly to thank for that. Thanks, Holly! :)

Wow! Got another surprise package in the mail today. Some CR-Z bling.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #598 ·
That should give you an extra 30-40 horsepower easy!
Wow, that's awesome! I thought I'd only be getting, like, 5hp extra per sticker.

I don't know why I didn't put this together sooner but I am fairly certain you are the one I stayed and rode with during the Dragon this year. Thank again for that and I am glad next year I will be able to be there in my own Z :)

Reactions: HondaHolly
581 - 600 of 637 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.