Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car was a fantastic purchase, looks great, drives well, good economy, tax savings etc etc. Internally well finished, the driver's dash is brilliant and connectivity superb. The only real thing bugging me is in the photo below. I don't think I am the only reluctant family car man and as such I have a car seat in the back but I can't sit in the passenger side because of the unnecessary plastic trim above the glove box. It serves no purpose and does not house the airbag or anything I can see. It just protrudes very much into the passenger space for no real reason other than design. So parents beware you can put a child in the back but be prepared to be crushed against the interior if you are over 5'4".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, my wife is under 5'4" and can just about be comfortable in front passenger seat. i am just ~5'11 and i can only sit crushed with my legs towards the door and i am unable to turn. the problem is all leg room and not head room. i attach a photo of car seat in situ but the passenger seat would normally have to be angled more forwards if baby on board;

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is a stage 1 car seat isn't it? ie under 3 years old child. I had the exact same issue during test drive.

Stage 2-3 should be better as they sit more flush to the back seat, and don't have the foot or such a large base. At least that's what I'm hoping otherwise those back seats are not even good for children

·
Registered
66 Posts
Although let's be honest the CR-Z is honestly a 2 seater!
The Honda demographic that is interested in buying the CRZ is from 20 to 30, not to good of market research on Honda's part. Most 20 - 30 year olds are having children.

My demographic (40-50) loves the CRZ because we have no small children needing car seats (only teenagers wanting to borrow my CRZ). So rear seats are no issues. Some day you younger folks can enjoy life after Mini Vans as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she has just turned 1. i am sure that you will have the same issue with the dash unit if you are above a certain height.

also i knew the car was not ideal but i refuse to buy/drive a grey box and this was the first car that fitted the bill (well, almost;))

·
Registered
14 Posts
What do you mean, this is not a family car... I have put the back-seat down and can keep at least 6 kids in the boot (trunk) and they love it :) of course short trips only.... but 4 kids (age 6 and below) can comfortably lie down and even sleep in the back...

It's not for long trips though :) .. indeed, forget any adults in the back, too small...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.