Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, does anyone have an exploded diagram of the lithium ion battery pack. I'm very curious on how or if the lithium cells can be re-packed with good quality lithium cells and may be cheaper and better. Often buying separate cells gives you the opportunity to purchase the quality cell that's affordable. To my understanding it's basically a pack of laptop lithium batteries in series and the pack can be rebuilt to most probably an even better quality and capacity than the original.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi. I'm afraid your understanding is not correct..

The Honda Lithium packs are extremely high quality, well made and definitely not packed with laptop cells.

The chance of finding cheaper better quality cells of the correct chemistry/voltage/size/configuration/capacity etc are essentially zero.

Yes you could theoretically build yourself a pack using some other Li/Po cells but you would not fit them into the OEM case etc unless they were identical in shape/size etc etc...

The Honda BMS and control system is all closely integrated so making some others cells work correctly would also not be a trivial undertaking..

Google will throw up lots of pictures of the packs if you dig around. Here are a few to start you off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts