Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I used to use it about a decade ago. I was turned on to it as it was what some Dupont engineers were using to prep glass for a development process that required a non-stick surface.

It works and works well. But you have to make a commitment to using it... I don't think it's that "compatible" with other waxes. It's best to use multiple coats of LG and let it cure in the sun.

Lately if I need something like that, I've been using Rejex with good results.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have used it for years.

Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can give it a half dozen coats.

First weekend, two coats and after that I do one coat per weekend, cook it in the sun and give it a week.
After that, one coat every 6 months.

It is a pain in the butt to apply but the results are worth it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I have an old can of Liquid Glass.

When I bought the car they put some stuff on called TDS (Paint Cleaner and Restorer with PTFE, whatever the heck that is.)

I just ordered the sample pack from Croftgate based on Bizzybear's recommendation.

Can I use up my supply of liquid glass and then switch to Croftgate stuff?

Is the TDS junk that the dealer put on my car any good?

Too many dang choices for a noob like me, and you reach the point of not making any decision because there are too many choices.

Thanks for your expert information and help.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have used this stuff in the past and it worked good. Also the rusty can statement. If the can is rusted then the liquid could be contiminated. I would buy a new can just to be safe. Anything that sits up that long may not be any good. Why risk it on a new car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like Sleighman said, rusty can outside can be rusty can inside ... found an old can in one of my boxes a couple of moves ago. I shook it up and squirted some on the hood and noticed rust floating in it. Glad I saw it before rubbing it on the paint.

Can was about 10+ years old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.