Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around, and I couldn't seem to find if anyone has done this yet. some backstory.

My wife is sort, (5 foot) and she doesn't like sitting in the passenger seat of my new to me Z. We have been using a pillow to get her a little higher. She is use to her Fit, where she has more of a sitting position and less of a legs out old school sports car position as we get in the Z.

So has anyone tried to mount the the RDH drivers seat in the passenger side of a LHD car, or vise versa? I'm thinking it will give her more control over the seat height and make it a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like my trip to Japan I'm going to have a list of parts to track down. Not just for my CRZ but for her Fit as well. She wants the Tail lights from the Hybrid model because they just look so much better.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the same issue, my wife is accustomed to the height in the SUV but has to sit on a cushion in the CR-Z, I to plan to install the adjustable RHD at some time from my travels. If you picked up a second frame let me know.

Reactions: Agent4834

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
It maybe possible to install the seat onto the base and maintain the sensors. So that you would have the ability to raise and lower the seat but have all the other parts that a passenger seat would have. That would require contact with Honda before you go to Japan or reach out to @ITEM9 he has done a lot of making parts from a JDM car work on a USDM car. They would be the experts.

Something just came to mind since the car is available as LHD and RHD the seat may have provision for mounting the sensor no matter which version of the car it is. I would think that Honda would try to have the least number of part numbers for inventory purposes. Following this logic and someone would have to look at the bottom part of the seat for both sides to see if there is provision for mounting no matter which side it is for.

This maybe much simpler than we think.

My Father hated the Speed Bump because the passenger seat was too low. I would be curious as to what parts you would need to retrofit the height adjuster to the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
@Agent4834 I think if you can get ahold of an LHD driver's seat, you would have to take the upholstery off both and transplant the sensors etc.

The seat tracks are integrated into the base frame, so it isn't as simple as swapping over the adjuster.

I would think that Honda would try to have the least number of part numbers for inventory purposes.
One WOULD THINK. However, my experience in searching for various parts for this car have led me to realize that honda very much DID NOT do their inventory this way.

It makes a little sense since this was a low-volume car, but they definitely ate into their profits by having too many versions of parts. There's more than 16 different configurations of steering wheel switches and panels, for instance.

I work at a manufacturing facility, and we routinely add features to base versions just to save overhead costs on keeping track of what goes where, and our products have similar cost, production volume, and profit margin as most small cars.

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
I knew the adjuster was part of the base but the base may have provision for mounting the sensor or the upholstery package. I still find it odd we have the seat back upper lever on the drivers seat where in other countries it would be on the passenger seat? The seat base and tracks maybe able to have the upholstery parts on either side I E the weight sensor. The rest of the seat should be the same for either side installation. and have the airbags on the outside and the levers for seat back etc.

@Agent4834 I think if you can get ahold of an LHD driver's seat, you would have to take the upholstery off both and transplant the sensors etc.

The seat tracks are integrated into the base frame, so it isn't as simple as swapping over the adjuster.

One WOULD THINK. However, my experience in searching for various parts for this car have led me to realize that honda very much DID NOT do their inventory this way.

It makes a little sense since this was a low-volume car, but they definitely ate into their profits by having too many versions of parts. There's more than 16 different configurations of steering wheel switches and panels, for instance.

I work at a manufacturing facility, and we routinely add features to base versions just to save overhead costs on keeping track of what goes where, and our products have similar cost, production volume, and profit margin as most small cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts