Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The air in the charge pipe WILL NOT cool. It's simple physics. Compress air and it heats. There's no way a pipe with no heat exchanger will act like an intercooler.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Enjoy your lag.

haha ok your right, just let it go already. I'll go enjoy my never ending turbo lag :thumbsup: Don`t know what I was thinking :iough:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
haha ok your right, just let it go already. I'll go enjoy my never ending turbo lag :thumbsup: Don`t know what I was thinking :iough:
well ive def been in situations where ppl doubted what i wanted to do would work. and well i just proved them wrong. so i guess what im saying is prove us wrong. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Honda's use MAP and MAF sensors... you can go standalone and eliminate the MAF if u want... but personally i'd tune it in there so i can keep the engine running safe in most/all conditions...
that's why it might all be in the placement of it. coming from the factory turbo the maf on the talon/eclipse/laser had to be where the air enters the intake. I also remember people using a GM maf and a maf translator to tune. this allowed it to be placed on the intake pipe by the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
well ive def been in situations where ppl doubted what i wanted to do would work. and well i just proved them wrong. so i guess what im saying is prove us wrong. :thumbsup:
I would love to be proven wrong with this. I think remote turbo mounting is awesome. But you still need an intercooler if you want to get the most from it.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Okay seeing as it's the turbo thread I thought I'll talk about some of the parts and manifolds , adapters and turbo I've selected which in turn is a TD04.

But as you can see by the turbo inlet exhaust the holes are all over the place which means I have to take the time to have it fabricated to fit.

You can't just have adapters etc cause then the turbo will sit too far down hitting the subframe. Thankfully I have a fabricator who is killer at what he does he is gonna ditch the adapter all together and fabricate from the manifold directly to the turbo itself.
HAPPY DAYS.

Sent from Samsung S10+

Reactions: litz and Fediej

·
Registered
3 Posts
Figured Id throw it out there but i was thinking of doing a custom turbo setup and i think i found an interesting starting point. the 1.5L turbo out of the Xgen civic looks like it might actually bolt up to our heads.

Am i Wrong here? It seems like so modification is required but i think this is a possibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay seeing as it's the turbo thread I thought I'll talk about some of the parts and manifolds , adapters and turbo I've selected which in turn is a TD04.

But as you can see by the turbo inlet exhaust the holes are all over the place which means I have to take the time to have it fabricated to fit.

You can't just have adapters etc cause then the turbo will sit too far down hitting the subframe. Thankfully I have a fabricator who is killer at what he does he is gonna ditch the adapter all together and fabricate from the manifold directly to the turbo itself.
HAPPY DAYS.

Sent from Samsung S10+

I have the same manifold on my turbo set up. Getting the bolts from the manifold to the turbo was a nightmare because the hole positions are so close to the bends on the manifold itself.
Also you should consider finding something that goes between the manifold and the engine to push the manifold away from the block, my turbo was hitting the block and I had to shave it. I don't think you need to extend the turbo that low but let us know how it goes.

My turbo works fine now, you can see my build here.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
New pics n progress is emerging
Testing some 3d printed flanges n gaskets
We will be looking at fabrication mid Feb.

Sent from Samsung S10+

101 - 120 of 123 Posts