Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My New Years present was walking to my car to find that some vandals broke into my underground garage and gave me open air access to my car. My passenger side window and rear deck window destroyed. My shift boot, much of the plastic surrounding the boot and window frames have been scratched. My 5% VLT window tint gone. The tonneau cover in the cargo area bent. And lastly, my passenger seat ripped in several places from shattered glass.

I have insurance and they have been great. But the whammy was the $1400 bill for replacement glass because it had to come right from Honda. The glass shop could not find any aftermarket glass for such a new car.

I got him on 4 November and had this happen 30 December.

Just want it restored to how it was before the incident... no scratches anywhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
That really sucks!!!

Hope it get fixed soon. Like everyone else, I would like to know what was stolen?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ouch, i guess someone was really jealous =.=

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They could have at least taken the nice designer sunglasses they threw on the floorboard. But maybe they didn't like Monster like another post said.

I am still waiting for insurance to review the damage and tell me how much they will give me to help fix all the scratches in the plastic and rips in the upholstery.

My new windows are fine and the re-tint looks better than the original.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a huge target on the back of my CR-Z.

The damage from the break in still hasn't been repaired and I got hit by a teenager tuesday night in my front bumper, headlamp, and quarter panel. I took it to the body shop today for an estimate.

Right after I left, another teenager didn't think about black ice after the bad snow yesterday and she slid right into the back of me and ruined the rear bumper, diffuser, and bent my license plate and frame.

So I took it back to the body shop to save them the time of doing another estimate later.

Then I get a call from the insurance companies today to say that the CR-Z is too new so the software they use to do estimates cannot confirm prices for parts and repairs on the vehicle so they do not know when I will be able to actually get my car repaired.

FML!

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is a huge target on the back of my CR-Z.

The damage from the break in still hasn't been repaired and I got hit by a teenager tuesday night in my front bumper, headlamp, and quarter panel. I took it to the body shop today for an estimate.

Right after I left, another teenager didn't think about black ice after the bad snow yesterday and she slid right into the back of me and ruined the rear bumper, diffuser, and bent my license plate and frame.

So I took it back to the body shop to save them the time of doing another estimate later.

Then I get a call from the insurance companies today to say that the CR-Z is too new so the software they use to do estimates cannot confirm prices for parts and repairs on the vehicle so they do not know when I will be able to actually get my car repaired.

FML!
Be honest. You just broke the heart of a Voodoo priestess, didn't you?

Seriously, though...sorry about all that. My first new car (10 years ago) went through a bad hail storm and hit a deer in the first five months, with nothing major happening afterward. Here's hoping my CR-Z has better luck!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
man that sucks... i agree a move is in order...

btw, your insurance is BS b/c their system should be updated by now the car has been out for nearly 5 months... parts pricing IS available at Honda and online... all they need to do is manually put in your info on their estimates instead of clicking a few buttons like they want to do... here's a good site for the price of parts... just put in your zip code and select "Parts" http://estore.honda.com/asp/Logon.asp?bhcp=1

one thing with that site is they don't show "cost" or "dealer price" so you'll have to tell them to go in and work their magic to get a better estimate...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My insurance company finally got the estimate to replace my passenger seat cover, the sift boot, shift knob, passenger door panel, all the plastic molding around the rear deck window, the rear cargo/seat back, chrome accents around the shifter, remove and clean glass out of the door panel and the passenger air vents, and finally repaint the back deck. i was told it is "several thousand on the way."

The car is in the shop this week to have the front bumper fixed, fender replaced, fender cover, headlight replaced (the light works but the tabs broke), rear bumper replaced, and rear diffuser replaced.

The shop said they will sand the front bumper, fill in the uneven areas, and repaint it by blending it into the surrounding painted parts. I just thought I would get a whole new bumper. Hope she looks good when I get her back on Friday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it were me I would insist in a new bumber, this is a brand new car we are talking about...sounds like they are skimping on the parts and pocketing some of the overage. I am sorry for your situation, it sounds like they really went out of their way to truly inflict above average damage to you Z, odd don't you think?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.