Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

leather seats, sunroof, and rear camera installed

16K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  bzrollin 
#1 ·
Below are the camera pics of my car. I just picked it up today from the aftermarket guys. There are closeups of the 2 tone heated leather seats, the console where they installed the switches, the power sunroof, and the rear view auto dimming/compass/reverse camera mirror.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
it is from MITO Corporation, by GENTEX. It is an auto dimming, compass equipped, with the back up camera built in. I got a GREAT deal on it because I am a 5 time combat vet and the guy who owns the business who installed it here is a former Marine. I don't have any idea how much it will cost you guys if you find somebody to put it in.

It does work really great though. Looks like a normal mirror until you throw the transmission into reverse and then the back up camera comes on. I covered the camera part up and had a buddy set up an obstacle course behind my car. Using only the mirrors, I ran over "simulated shrapnel" and a "simulated child" that I simply couldn't see. Using the backup camera it was a piece of cake, and I could see everything. The sunroof is pretty cool too, although the sliding shade only slides back about halfway. Still plenty of space to let you see the sky and let the light in. The leather seats are really comfortable, especially since mine were injected with the liquicell at no charge due to my military service. Overall I am very pleased with what was done with the car and it was worth the amount I paid.

#13 ·
sunroof is my only flaw. i could do without leather. heated seats would be nice but not a necessity. sunroof is a must though :\

I want the Honda giant window in the roof version though. wonder if a european or JDM honda dealer would ship the glass and the ceiling slider components to Canada lol. i bet it'd be expensive as hell.

#16 ·
I traded in my GTR for this car and a rather huge check and I have no regrets. This is a great little car and I highly recommend it to anybody wanting a sporty, high mileage, well built car with unique looks and (IMO) a fantastic futuristic interior. You can't go wrong with the CRZ. Especially the EX NAV model in blue.

#21 ·
I traded in the GTR because I didn't need it. The ride was stiff (understandable, a hi-po sports car) even in comfort mode. The speed limit is still 70 no matter what. You always had to be really careful about parking it. Every "fast and furious" boi racer in a riced out Civic or Nissan Altima wanted to race you. The insurance, even for me, a 35 year old field grade officer with no tickets, was around $1200 every six months. The car was expensive to maintain. My 30,000 mile service was nearly $2,000. ONLY a GTR certified mechanic can work on the car, and where I am stationed, that was nearly 70 miles away. The gas required is 93 octane, and all they sell in Kansas and Missouri is 91 so it doesn't run quite right. The gas mileage is pretty good for a "super exotic" sports car, but 15 MPG is still pretty bad. It cost me about $60 to fill my tank up and drive to work every week, so around $250-275 a month in gas when you throw in the weekends. The warranty was going to run out in about 5,000 miles, which was going to get REALLY expensive should anything go wrong. A friend on the GTR forum had a transmission problem 4,000 miles after his warranty went out and it was nearly $8,000 to fix it. And no chicks really just LOVED the car. If I had a bunch of hot redheads who were always coming up to me and saying "dude, can I take off all my clothes and ride around in your car with you?" I might have kept the car. But that never happened.

So, by trading mine in, I got a really cool car IMHO, a check for $32,000, a car that cost me $350 every six months in insurance (a savings of $1700 a year) and $70 a month in gas versus, $270 (a savings of $2400 a year) and at least maintenance cost savings of ( $3000 a year or more at least. So add it up, I save around $7,500 dollars a year with the CRZ. In three years, I could buy ANOTHER CRZ with the savings, really trick out my old 65' GTO, or just put the $23,000 into investments/savings.
damn, it really was super expensive to even maintain a GTR on top of the monthly payments. i can see why a cr-z would be so much more enticing :). i was getting almost the same gas mileage as you with my old v6 accord. gas is such a pain in the ass. glad to see you on here as a cr-z owner!

#20 ·
I traded in the GTR because I didn't need it. The ride was stiff (understandable, a hi-po sports car) even in comfort mode. The speed limit is still 70 no matter what. You always had to be really careful about parking it. Every "fast and furious" boi racer in a riced out Civic or Nissan Altima wanted to race you. The insurance, even for me, a 35 year old field grade officer with no tickets, was around $1200 every six months. The car was expensive to maintain. My 30,000 mile service was nearly $2,000. ONLY a GTR certified mechanic can work on the car, and where I am stationed, that was nearly 70 miles away. The gas required is 93 octane, and all they sell in Kansas and Missouri is 91 so it doesn't run quite right. The gas mileage is pretty good for a "super exotic" sports car, but 15 MPG is still pretty bad. It cost me about $60 to fill my tank up and drive to work every week, so around $250-275 a month in gas when you throw in the weekends. The warranty was going to run out in about 5,000 miles, which was going to get REALLY expensive should anything go wrong. A friend on the GTR forum had a transmission problem 4,000 miles after his warranty went out and it was nearly $8,000 to fix it. And no chicks really just LOVED the car. If I had a bunch of hot redheads who were always coming up to me and saying "dude, can I take off all my clothes and ride around in your car with you?" I might have kept the car. But that never happened.

So, by trading mine in, I got a really cool car IMHO, a check for $32,000, a car that cost me $350 every six months in insurance (a savings of $1700 a year) and $70 a month in gas versus, $270 (a savings of $2400 a year) and at least maintenance cost savings of ( $3000 a year or more at least. So add it up, I save around $7,500 dollars a year with the CRZ. In three years, I could buy ANOTHER CRZ with the savings, really trick out my old 65' GTO, or just put the $23,000 into investments/savings.

#23 ·
What you're seeing on eBay for $300 are Clazzio seat covers. They're nice, and a popular cover with members on the forum. However they are not a leather kit, like op has. His factory fabrics were removed, and replaced with leather. Also the door cards were recovered in vinyl. Clazzios just go over the fabric. A typical leather kit would cost between $700-$1000 installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.