Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you will be able to lease a CR-Z here in the states? Could you lease an S2000 in the past?

I mean you can lease both the Civic Hybrid and the Insight too.

I did some math on current lease rate for both the Civic and Insight Hybrids which both have a higher MSRP and got a figure somewhere between $165 and $185 per month for 36 months. And the down payment should be $1699 to $1899.

I can show you how I cam to these figures if need be. But that would be a sweet lease deal!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Using Honda leasing a GT in the UK gave scary figures back. Down payment of £5k, 42 months @ £300 and then the final valuation fee of abut £6000 (these are all approx as I don't have the paperwork in front of me)

All in all WAY too much money. I personal load was the cheaper bet. I've decided to wait 18 months though, I love this car, a lot, but the GT in the UK simply isn't worth £22k, thats too much money for too smaller a car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmz... interesting idea... never thought of leasing this car haha... wouldn't be a bad idea if u get a good rate... i'm sure it will hold it's value...

how did u get these numbers?
Oh heres what I did to get the CR-Z lease figures.....I took the Current MSRP of the Insight and the Civic Hybrid...figured out how much (percentage wise) you pay when leasing one of these vehicles (total of monthly payments + down payment) In both instances you pay about 37-39% of the MSRP.

So if the MSRP of the CR-Z is gonna be around $19,900....with a $1650 down payment....and 36 monthly payments of $165. To total of money paid will add up to 38% of the MSRP.

What do you think? Sounds cheap I know but this is based off MSRP.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
just spoke with the salesperson i bought my Si from and he said for sure they will be doing Leases and he gave me better news saying they're expecting the residual value to be about 60% which means it holds it's value more than the other cars they lease... he compared it to leasing an Insight LX as far as pricing but he also said the Insight has a residual value of 55%...

hope that holds true across the country :)

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i've been playing with some numbers myself i'm no expert, but i came up with these numbers...

based on a $19,900 figure
$182/month - 0.9%APR - $1500 down
$213/month - 18%APR - $1500 down

based on $23,310 (EX/Navi 6MT)
$219/month - 0.9% - $1500 down
$256/month - 18% - $1500 down

none of these numbers reflect tax/title/registration/blah blah blah

·
Registered
122 Posts
No offense, but after the last few posts I truly hope you all do your homework before you go lease a car.. Here's how a lease works:

Instead of simple interest, a lease carries a fixed monthly interest amount, calculated based on a "Money Factor". The monthly interest is calculated as ((MSRP+Residual)*MF)Here's a CR-Z Example:

$19,900 + 7% Sales Tax and $50 Title/Reg, A MF of 0.0012, A Residual of 60% ($11,940)
Int = 19900+11940 * 0.0012 = $38.21/mo
Depr= 19911-11940 = $7971/36mo = 221.42/mo
Tax/Reg = 1393+50 = 1443/36mo = 40.08/mo

So a 36mo Lease with $0 Down would be $299.71/mo.
Realistically, this will be completely different based on the actual Money Factor and Residual, which are numbers set by American Honda Financial Services.

I previously spent 3 years working for BMW FS and I can honestly say that 90% of people who lease a car have no clue what they're doing and end up getting screwed. BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Instead of simple interest, a lease carries a fixed monthly interest amount, calculated based on a "Money Factor". The monthly interest is calculated as ((MSRP+Residual)*MF)Here's a CR-Z Example:

$19,900 + 7% Sales Tax and $50 Title/Reg, A MF of 0.0012, A Residual of 60% ($11,940)
Int = 19900+11940 * 0.0012 = $38.21/mo
Depr= 19911-11940 = $7971/36mo = 221.42/mo
Tax/Reg = 1393+50 = 1443/36mo = 40.08/mo

So a 36mo Lease with $0 Down would be $299.71/mo.
Realistically, this will be completely different based on the actual Money Factor and Residual, which are numbers set by American Honda Financial Services.

I previously spent 3 years working for BMW FS and I can honestly say that 90% of people who lease a car have no clue what they're doing and end up getting screwed. BE CAREFUL!
No offense taken. I was merely taking a guess. So all that junk like tax and title and interest are added onto the lease?

So for the current lease of a Civic hybrid at $270 with nothing down for 36 months.....http://automobiles.honda.com/curren...brid&offerid=44520&modelid=FA3F2AEW&sf=2&ft=1

You will really be paying more than $270?

And this is for a car with an MSRP of almost $25k!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's the fine print:
"Excludes taxes, titles and dealer fees. Lease Example with $0 due at lease signing for $270.00 a month for 35 months thereafter. For well-qualified buyers.
FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 Civic Hybrid CVT (Model FA3F2AEW) for $270.00 per month for 36 months with a no capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the HFS Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $0 due at lease signing ($0 first month's payment and no capitalized cost reduction with no security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify. $0 due at lease signing offer requires dealer contribution, which could affect final negotiated transaction.
Show Details
Subject to limited availability.From August 3, 2010 through September 7, 2010, to approved lessees by Honda Financial Services.Closed end lease for 2010 Civic Hybrid CVT (Model FA3F2AEW), for well qualified lessees.Not all lessees will qualify.Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings.MSRP $24,550.00 (includes destination).Net capitalized cost $22,769.71. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee.Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment.Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra.Total monthly payments $9,720.00. Option to purchase at lease end $14,484.50. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12000 miles/year.See dealer for complete details."

Yes the actual payment will be higher unless you put money down to cover the other fees.

"Capitalized Cost Reduction" means Down Payment.

Notice how the Net Capitalized Cost is lower than the MSRP; they've already deeply discounted the cost of the car.

The $595 aquisition fee is a fee charged by Financial Services for processing the account.

Total of monthly payments is 9,270.00 yet the Cap Cost Minus the Residual is 8285.21. The difference is Interest (nearly $1000 over the entire term, which is relatively low for a 3 year lease.

This is an example of a good deal. Don't expect specials like this on the CR-Z unless inventory ends up piling up at dealerships

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
thanks for clearing that up :kiss:

i'm not gonna lease anyways... just thought i'd throw around some number :D

the way i see it, if the car doesn't hold its value well and you don't get a VERY LOW APR or % thingy... then you're almost always gonna lose more money on a lease...

my friend with a 2011 M3 Convertible got approved for "Select Financing" through BMW and they basically told him that after the 3 years he could trade in for a newer one and not lose anything on that one... but then again, he financed his car rather than leasing it...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
another thing the other sales guy told me was that Honda hasn't released any Leasing info yet and even if they do, it would probably still be better off on the monthly payments to just finance the car rather than lease it... "some cars just get better deals" he said as he explained to me why the Civic is cheaper to lease than a less-expensive Fit... something to do with quantity and demand and the better rates from Honda...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.