Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I’ve got a bit of a damp issue in the crz. It’s always felt a little damp inside but more recently I noticed it seems to be worse than normal. I’ve never noticed anything wet to the touch, you can always just tell it’s humid I’m there.
I noticed the other day that the floor behind the passenger seat (RHD car) was actually really wet. I’ve pulled the seats out and this is what I’m looking at

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

Hood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

I’m really struggling to figure out where this is coming from. I’ve taken the doorcard off and it does appear that water comes in from the top of the door when I use a hosepipe on it but I’m not sure if this is just from the pressure and this wouldn’t happen with rain.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?! Are there any common issues that might cause this that I’ve missed? I have searched but struggling to find anything

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is it just water? i had a clogged drain pipe and when i turned on the AC it would leak out into the passenger side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it just water? i had a clogged drain pipe and when i turned on the AC it would leak out into the passenger side.
It seems to be but it’s hard to tell. Where abouts was the clogged a/c drain? I’ve seen a few saying this but I don’t understand how it would be just behind the front seats…

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought there were pictures in my thread about it but there wasn't. There is a drain hose in the back of the engine bay under the car, if you can look under there is a random open ended tube. What a friend and i did was lift the car in the front and duct tape a wet vac to the hose and let it do its work. If you do trace that open ended tube it leads into the back of the passenger seat foot well.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I thought there were pictures in my thread about it but there wasn't. There is a drain hose in the back of the engine bay under the car, if you can look under there is a random open ended tube. What a friend and i did was lift the car in the front and duct tape a wet vac to the hose and let it do its work. If you do trace that open ended tube it leads into the back of the passenger seat foot well.
Weird.. so wait, it leads to the inside of the car? I wonder why there would be a drain tube going from the inside to outside?? Or am I understanding this wrong?

Something I would like to check out myself. I can't seem to find any info in the FSM about drain tubes, but, there must be a section somewhere. You would think...

Edit: Found this post.. says the drain tube is to drain condensation from the AC / Defrost running. So, that makes sense now:

I wonder if there are any other drain tubes on this car that should be checked / cleaned? Hmm..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts